Bill Bice is a partner in the New York office of Milbank LLP and a member of the firm’s Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group since 1995. He was resident in the firm’s Tokyo office from 1998 to 2000.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Bice’s practice focuses on the development, financing, acquisition, disposition and restructuring of power generation (conventional and renewable) and transmission projects as well as other energy and infrastructure projects. His clients include developers, lenders, asset owners, hedge funds and private equity funds involved in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
His representations in the past twelve months include:
- the sellers in the sale of the Carville and Oneta power generation facilities in Louisiana and Oklahoma;
- the acquiror in the acquisition of the Griffith power generation facility in Arizona and the related financing;
- the acquiror in the acquisition of General Electric’s C&I solar business;
- the acquiror in the acquisition of EVgo Services, the owner of the largest independent electric vehicle fast charging network in the United States;
- the sponsors in the restructuring of coal fired generation assets in Pennsylvania;
- the sponsors in the financing of the Juno and Titan solar farms in Texas;
- the institutional purchasers in connection with the financing of the Central Rivers Power Hydro Portfolio;
- the sponsors in connection with the financing of the Granite Generation gas-fired power portfolio;
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the bankruptcy of Pacific Gas & Electric Company in connection with regulatory proceedings at FERC and the CPUC; and
- commodity hedge providers in connection with structured hedges in the wind and solar sectors.
Recognition & Accomplishments
He is consistently recognized as one of America’s leading projects lawyers by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, The Legal 500 and Euromoney and was named “Project Finance Attorney of 2015” by Power Finance & Risk.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, J.D.
- Duke University, A.B.
- New York