Bill Bice is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group since 1995. He was resident in the firm’s Tokyo office from 1998 to 2000.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Bice’s practice focuses on the development, financing, acquisition, disposition and restructuring of power generation (conventional and renewable) and transmission projects as well as other energy and infrastructure projects. His clients include developers, lenders, asset owners, hedge funds and private equity funds involved in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
His recent representations include:
- the sellers of in excess of 10,000 MW of electric generation capacity in the United States;
- the acquisition and financing of over 8,000 MW of power generation assets in the United States;
- the lease equity in the restructuring of coal fired generation assets in Illinois;
- lenders in connection with the financing of numerous gas-fired, hydro, solar and wind power generation projects throughout the United States
- the agent in the amendment and extension of the largest LBO term loan;
- developers of wind farms and solar facilities in Oklahoma, Nevada, New Mexico and California;
- MACH Gen, LLC as a debtor and debtor in possession in its chapter 11 proceedings;
- creditors in the restructuring of numerous companies involved in the power and infrastructure industries in the United States and Latin America; and
- commodity hedge providers in connection with structured hedges in the power, oil and gas sectors
Recognition & Accomplishments
He is consistently recognized as one of America’s leading projects lawyers by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, the Legal 500, and Euromoney and was named “Project Finance Attorney of 2015” by Power Finance & Risk.
- University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, J.D.
- Duke University, A.B.
- New York