Dan Bartfeld is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and is the practice group leader of the firm’s Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group (which has over 120 dedicated project finance attorneys) and a member of the firm's Global Executive Committee.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Bartfeld's practice focuses primarily on the representation of financial institutions, private equity investors, multinational companies and developers in a wide range of power, energy and infrastructure-related projects in the US and Latin America (development, financing and M&A).
Mr. Bartfeld is a featured speaker at numerous industry conferences, and is recognized by many publications as one of the world's leading energy/infrastructure lawyers (including Chambers Latin America (which ranks him in the 1st tier of energy/infrastructure lawyers in the world), Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.).
Mr. Bartfeld has led the Milbank team in transactions such as:
- many of the most significant power projects (solar, wind, hydro and conventional (including LNG-to-power)) in Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Peru – involving over $15bn of capital costs
- a wide range of LNG-related projects in the Americas -- with a particular focus on the US, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Colombia and Uruguay – involving over $15bn of capital costs
- the majority of the project financed gas and oil/commodity pipelines projects running from the US to Mexico, and within Mexico
- a wide variety of transportation infrastructure projects (airports, roads, ports and mass transit projects)
- a wide range of vessel-related transactions globally – including FSRUs, drillships, semi-submersibles, jackups, LNG vessels, accommodation vessels and FPSOs
- a wide variety of natural resource/commodity-focused transactions (including pre-export financings and export credit agency financings) – involving steel, iron ore, copper and other commodities
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York