Michael Bernhardt is a member of the firm’s Corporate Group. He provides broad practice in corporate/M&A including Private Equity. Michael represents national and international corporations and sponsors on investments and cross-border transactions and advises regularly on private equity transactions including Public-to-Privates, LBOs and MBOs.
Recent Project Samples
- ECM-Fund GEP IV on the Sale of its Majority Shareholding in MediFox to HgCapital.
- Bavaria Industries Group AG on the sale of TriStone Flowtec to Zhongding Group.
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) together with DBAG Fund VI on the acquisition of a majority stake in FRIMO Group.
- ECM Equity Capital Management GmbH (ECM) on the acquisition of Wieners + Wieners GmbH.
- capiton AG on acquisition of the Hamm Reno Group.
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) on acquiring a majority share in the Telio group from the previous owners in a management buyout.
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) on the acquisition of Silbitz Group, a group of three foundries in Germany and Slovakia.
- 3i on the acquisition of Weener Plastic Packaging Group (WPPG).
- PATRIZIA Alternative Investments GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PATRIZIA Immobilien AG, on the acquisition of LBBW Immobilien GmbH as well as on the acquisition of GBW AG from BayernLB.
- Deb Group, a portfolio company owned by private equity company Charterhouse, on the acquisition of the global skincare business from Evonik Industries.
- ECM Equity Capital Management (ECM), on the sale of its interest in Kamps GmbH to French Groupe LE DUFF.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Current rankings in directories as JUVE, Chambers, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers recognize Michael Bernhardt as top lawyer for Private Equity.
Prior to joining Milbank, he was a partner in the Corporate/M&A practice with another leading international law firm in Frankfurt. He is admitted to the German bar and speaks German and English.
- University of Regensburg, Dr.
- Bavaria, Second State Exam
- University of Regensburg, First State Exam