Sebastian Heim is a member of the firm’s Corporate Group. His practice focuses on corporate law and M&A, specializing in private equity transactions. Sebastian also advises clients with respect to restructurings and insolvency law.
Selected Project Samples
- Otto Group in Heartland’s Investment in ABOUT YOU.
- Auto1 on Partnership with Deutsche Bank and Allianz regarding FinTech Car Financing.
- The Carlyle Group on the Sale of Alloheim.
- General Atlantic on the formation of a strategic partnership with ControlExpert, a leading service provider to the car insurance industry.
- Otto Group on the sale of Ratepay to Advent International and Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Ardian and further sellers on the sale of Schustermann & Borenstein (S&B) Group to Permira and family shareholders on their reinvestment into S&B Group.
- The Carlyle Group advising on its investment in the hospital chain Schön Klinik.
- Ardian on the acquisition of d&b audiotechnik GmbH from Odewald & Compagnie and COBEPA.
- Axel Springer Digital Classifieds on the merger of Immowelt and Immonet.
- General Atlantic on the merger of FlixBus and MeinFernbus and the related investment by General Atlantic in the combined businesses, as well as subsequent financing rounds.
Sebastian studied at the university of Mannheim, where he also obtained his doctorate degree with a thesis on insolvency law and was a long-term research assistant at the chair of Civil Law, Banking and Capital Markets Law, Insolvency Law of Prof. Dr. Georg Bitter. At the London School of Economics and Political Science, Sebastian completed his master studies, M.Sc. Law and Accounting. Together with Prof. Dr. Georg Bitter, Sebastian Heim is the author of a textbook on German corporate law (Bitter/Heim, Gesellschaftsrecht), which was published in 2018 in fourth edition.
Sebastian was admitted to the German bar in 2008 and is fluent in both German and English.
- University of Mannheim, Dr.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, M.Sc.
- Hesse, Second State Exam
- University of Mannheim, First State Exam