Randy Nahlé is a partner in the London office of Milbank in the European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets group. He advises on international capital markets and finance transactions with a focus on high yield debt securities and leveraged finance. He has advised and represented corporate issuers, private equity firms and investment banks on a wide variety of debt and equity offerings and private placements, acquisition financings/LBOs, tender offers and other liability management exercises, general corporate matters and compliance with US securities laws. He has been recognized as a “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 UK in High Yield and ranked in Chambers UK for Capital Markets: High Yield Products.
Primary Focus & Experience
- All high yield bond offerings and liability management transactions for the UK automotive manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover since 2012.
- Financing of BC Partners’ public-to-private takeover of the Italian manufacturer IMA Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A.
- Financing of the acquisition of Pasticceria Bindi S.p.A. by Forno d’Asolo S.p.A., a BC Partners portfolio company in Italy.
- Financing aspects of Wind Hellas’s towers infrastructure combination transaction with Vodafone to create Greece’s largest tower infrastructure company.
- Multiple high yield bond financings for the Greek telecommunications provider Wind Hellas.
- Financing for Lone Star’s uncompleted acquisition of a large-cap retailer in the United Kingdom.
- Financing for Brookfield’s uncompleted acquisition of a large-cap manufacturer in Germany.
- Financing of Carlyle and Investindustrial’s acquisition of Italian and Danish design companies B&B Italia, Flos and Louis Poulsen and subsequent bond offering by the combined business International Design Group S.p.A.
- Term loan financing for PAI’s acquisition of French catering business Elior Areas.
- Term loan financing for Triton and ADIA’s acquisition of German packaging group IFCO.
- Inaugural and subsequent bond offerings by the European real estate group Vivion Investments.
- Financing of Bain Capital’s acquisition of the French auto parts distributor Autodistribution and subsequent Autodistribution bond offerings.
- Financing of Greek oil & gas group Energean’s acquisition of the E&P unit of the Italian energy company Edison.
- Inaugural and subsequent high yield bond offerings by international containership lessor Global Ship Lease.
- Bond financing of the acquisition of Italian building services company Manutencoop by its majority shareholder.
- High yield bond offering by Greek oil refiner Motor Oil Hellas.
- Inaugural high yield bond offering and subsequent bond offering by UK hotel group Travelodge.
- “Super holdco” PIK bond offering by international packaging group Ardagh.
- Senior secured high yield bond offering for the UK pub owner and operator Stonegate.
- Various high yield bond offerings for the UK travel group Thomas Cook.
- High yield bond offering for Greek yoghurt producer FAGE.
- Final stage of the privatization of the Portuguese electricity and natural gas networks operator REN.
- Initial public offering of the Egyptian food manufacturer and distributor EDITA.
- €8.4 billion recapitalization and international rights offering of Greece’s largest financial group Piraeus Bank.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Randy has been recognized as a “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 UK in High Yield and is a ranked practitioner in Chambers UK for Capital Markets: High Yield Products. He also completed a nine-month secondment in Credit Suisse’s Leveraged Finance & Sponsors Group in 2015.
- Georgetown Law, J.D.
- SciencesPo Law School, LL.M.
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University, LL.M.
- American University of Beirut, B.A.
- New York