Advocacy@Milbank is our comprehensive, multi-level training program for litigators. Beginning in your first year, through your sixth year of practice, you’ll participate in a series of hands-on, interactive workshops. These “learn by doing” programs, along with an intensive, tiered writing program, will help you build the advocacy and communication skills essential to becoming a highly-effective litigator.
As part of the program, our pro bono criminal appeals initiative connects you with seasoned partners and peers on actual cases, where you’ll gain experience in drafting arguments and more.
Advocacy@Milbank Core Skills:
- Hands-on Workshops
- Evidence – 1st year
- Deposition Skills – 2nd year
- Oral Argument – 3rd year
- Trial Skills – 5th year
- Expert Depositions – 6th year
- Tiered Writing Program
- One-on-One Writing Coaching – offered every other month to all associates
- Writing for Litigators: Pleadings, Motions & Discovery – 1st year
- Advanced Persuasive Writing I, II, III & IV – 2nd - 5th years
- Presentation Skills – private and semi-private sessions offered quarterly to all associates
- Pro Bono Criminal Appeals: Appellate Defenders Program