Daniel Tyrrell is an associate in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Corporate Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Tyrrell’s practice focuses on corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, corporate restructurings and other domestic and cross-border business law matters. Mr. Tyrrell has also advised clients on compliance with US securities laws and regulations, including the drafting and filing of documents with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Tyrrell has worked with clients on transactional matters in a variety of industries such as power, energy and infrastructure, oil & gas, aviation, health services, retail and emerging technologies.
Mr. Tyrrell’s recent representations include:
- M&G Investments on its US$300 million equity investment in a new aircraft leasing fund to be serviced by SKY Leasing.
- Apollo Global Management in connection with its acquisition of GE Energy’s approximately US$1 billion renewable energy equity investment portfolio.
- Partners Group in connection with equity investments in Silicon Ranch Corporation, one of the largest independent solar power producers in the US, and the subsequent sale of its ownership stake to Shell.
- Gila River Power in the sale of Unit 4 of the Gila River Power Station to the Salt River Project in Arizona.
- NongHyup Financial Group in its equity investment in and debt financing for the construction of the Cricket Valley Energy Center, a fully permitted 1,100MW combined-cycle natural gas electric facility located in Dover, New York.
- Orchard Asset Management and Melody Capital Partners in their acquisition of the in-basin mining operations of Preferred Sands, a provider of sand-based proppant solutions to the oil and gas industry, as part of a broader restructuring of the Preferred Sands debt and equity structure.
- Altavair AirFinance, a leader in commercial aviation finance, on its US$1 billion (plus) agreement to form a long-term partnership with leading global investment firm KKR & Co.
- Armed Forces Services Corporation, a Federal Government mental health services provider, in its sale to Magellan Health, Inc.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Tyrrell graduated cum laude from Fordham Law School where he was a Ruth Whitehead Whaley Scholar.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Gettysburg College, B.A.
- New York