Milbank partners Freyda Mechlowicz, Stacey J. Rappaport, and Carolina Walther-Meade were named as the best attorneys in their practice areas at the Euromoney Women in Business Law Americas Awards 2020, which recognize elite women lawyers at the forefront of business law and firms that have produced initiatives supporting diversity within the industry. In addition, Milbank was recognized as “Best International Firm Latin America Practice” for the fourth consecutive year.
Freyda Mechlowicz, who was named “Best in Aviation,” was elected to the firm’s partnership in January 2020. A member of the Transportation and Space Group, her practice focuses on secured and unsecured lending, asset acquisition, acquisition or disposition of companies owning or leasing assets, leasing, and securities private placements or offerings under Rule 144A/Regulation S (portfolio securitizations). She has worked on some of the most significant recent securitizations and financings involving aircraft, including transactions that have been recognized by industry publications as “Deals of the Year.”
Stacey J. Rappaport, who was named “Best in Insurance & Reinsurance,” is a Global Executive Committee member and Litigation partner. Her practice focuses on complex financial transaction cases involving commercial disputes, insurance contracts, and mergers and acquisitions and securities, and she represents some of the nation’s most distinguished corporations, insurance companies, and financial institutions.
Carolina Walther-Meade, who was recognized as “Best in Energy, Natural Resources & Mining,” is a partner in the firm’s Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance and Latin America Practice Groups. She has extensive experience representing clients in cross-border financings and international project finance and development, with an emphasis on transportation, oil and gas, infrastructure, mining and energy projects throughout Latin America. Many of these transactions have been recognized as “Deals of the Year” by publications such as IJGlobal and LatinFinance.
The firm and its bench of elite women lawyers earned sixteen shortlist nominations at Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Americas Awards 2020, reflecting the breadth of Milbank’s leading talent across all practice areas. The firm and its attorneys were shortlisted for the following awards:
- Gender diversity – International Firm
- Diversity – International Firm
- Mentoring Programme – International Firm
- Talent Management – International Firm
- Women in Business Law – International Firm
- Latin America practice – International Firm
- Fiona Schaeffer – Best in Antitrust and Competition
- Freyda Mechlowicz – Best in Aviation
- Lauren Hanrahan - Best in Banking and Finance
- Carolina Walther-Meade - Best in Energy, Natural Resources & Mining
- Stacey J. Rappaport - Best in Insurance & Reinsurance
- Lauren C. Doyle - Best in Restructuring & Insolvency
- Deborah Festa - Best in Structured Finance
- Georgiana J. Slade - Best in Wealth Management
- Lauren Drake – Rising Star in the IP category
The firm’s fourth consecutive win as “Best International Firm Latin America Practice” also acknowledges Milbank’s ongoing presence in the Latin America infrastructure space, which has garnered awards such as “Latin America Legal Advisor of the Year” from IJGlobal.