Lauren Doyle is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm's Financial Restructuring Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Ms. Doyle has extensive experience representing secured creditors, unsecured creditors and debtors in complex chapter 11 reorganization cases and out-of-court workouts both in the US and internationally. Her engagements have ranged across a wide array of industries, including energy, shipping, chemicals, paper, airline, financial services, automotive, consumer goods and retail.
Recent engagements include: Aegean Petroleum (counsel to secured lender and proposed acquirer of assets); QGOG Constellation S.A. (counsel to ad hoc committee of 2024 bondholders) M&G Chemicals (counsel to official committee of unsecured creditors); Seadrill Partners (counsel to Agent and steering committee of senior secured lenders); Ultra Petroleum (counsel to an ad hoc committee of unsecured creditors); Icicle Seafoods, Inc. (counsel to company); Samson Resources (counsel to sponsor); PT Berlian Laju Tanker Tbk (BLT) (counsel to agent and syndicate of lenders); Molycorp Inc. (counsel to secured lender); Seacastle Ships (counsel to agent and secured lender); Overseas Shipholding Group (counsel to agent for revolving credit facility lenders); Cengage Learning, Inc. (counsel to ad hoc committee of secured lenders); Southern Air Holdings, Inc. (counsel to DIP agent); ATP, Inc. (counsel to official committee of unsecured creditors); NewPage Corporation (counsel to debtors); Tubo de Pastejè (counsel to debtors); Calpine Corporation (counsel to indenture trustee); Ambac Financial Group (counsel to debtors); Extended Stay (counsel to agent); CCS Medical, Inc. (counsel to debtors); Value City Department Stores (counsel to debtors); Ampex Corporation (counsel to debtors); Werner Ladder (counsel to debtors); Dana Automotive (counsel to acquiror); Adelphia Communications Corporation (counsel to debtors); Dan River, LLC (counsel to sponsor); United Site Services, Inc. (counsel to company).
Recognition & Accomplishments
In 2019, Ms. Doyle was named an Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer by Turnarounds & Workouts.
Ms. Doyle's publications include:
- In re DBSD North America, Inc.: Did the Second Circuit Slam the Door on Gifting, or Did They Open A Window? A Possible Bright Line Test for Gifting, Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, August 2011 Part I, Article 8 (2011).
- The Application of Section 502(d) to Section 503(b)(9) Claims—“You Can Put Lipstick on a Pig” Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, July 2009 Part III, Article 9 (2009).
- Note, In-House Counsel and the Attorney-Client Privilege: How Sarbanes-Oxley Misses the Point, 9 Stan. J.L. Bus. & Fin. 297 (2004).
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, B.A.
- New York