Ulrike Friese-Dormann is a member of the firm's Corporate Group. She has significant experience in corporate and capital markets law with a focus on listed stock corporations and corporate litigation. As her main field of business, she advises executive boards and supervisory boards in all respects and is an acknowledged expert for board liability matters. She also advises on the safe implementation of shareholders meetings as well as on corporate governance and compliance related issues. Furthermore she represents numerous listed companies and financial sponsors on public M&A transactions including reorganizations and takeovers.
Selected Project Samples
- Various board members of listed companies on liability matters.
- Majority shareholder of leading engineering company on compliance due diligence prior to envisaged sale.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on a share class merger and subsequent listing of shares.
- Gentherm Inc. on the friendly takeover of publicly listed W.E.T. Automotive Systems AG and subsequent conclusion of a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement as well as the squeeze-out of minority shareholders.
- Gentherm Inc. on appraisal proceedings following the conclusion of a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement.
- NYSE Euronext on the proposed combination with Deutsche Boerse.
- Apax Partners and RHI on appraisal proceedings following squeeze-outs of minority shareholders.
- The supervisory board of Hypo Real Estate Holding in the context of possible breaches of duty by members of the management board.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover of ProSiebenSat.1 by KKR/Permira and on the intended takeover of ProSiebenSat.1 by the German publishing house Axel Springer.
- Various take privates including Didier-Werke for RHI and Edscha for The Carlyle Group.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Ulrike Friese-Dormann is recommended for corporate law and corporate litigation by the German directory JUVE Commercial Law Firms.
She was admitted to the German bar in 2000 and speaks German and English.
- University of Mainz, Dr.
- Rhineland-Palatinate, Second State Exam