Trevor Truman is a leading international capital markets and finance lawyer and a special counsel in the London office of Milbank in the European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets group. He focuses on international capital markets and finance transactions, with a particular emphasis on high yield bonds and leveraged finance
Primary Focus & Experience
With over 15 years’ experience in London and New York, Trevor has represented underwriters, issuers and sponsors in over €200 billion of high yield bond offerings, and has extensive experience advising on leveraged buyouts, initial public offerings, private placements, direct lending, general corporate matters and US securities law reporting and compliance. He also has significant experience advising issuers, noteholders and financial advisors in complex and innovative restructurings and distressed debt liability management exercises.
Recent notable matters include:
- Acting for the Initial Purchasers and Lenders on Acquisition Financing for Bain Capital’s Fedrigoni
- Acting for the Initial Purchasers in the Debut High Yield Bond Offering for Victoria PLC
- Advising Mytilineos S.A. in its Debut International Bond Offering
- Acting for the Initial Purchasers in the Debt High Yield Bond Offering for Schoeller Allibert
Recognition & Accomplishments
Trevor has been recognized as a Next Generation Partner in Legal 500 UK in High Yield and a Notable Practitioner in ILFR 1000. He has also been recognized as a Rising Star in New York Super Lawyers.
He earned his J.D. from Harvard Law School, LL.M. and M.Phil. from the University of Cambridge (Magdalene College), and B.A. from Purdue University.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- University of Cambridge, M.P.L.
- Purdue University, B.A., 2001
- New York