Thomas Ingenhoven serves as managing partner of the Frankfurt office and is a member of the firm’s Banking and Leveraged Finance Group. Thomas specializes in acquisition finance, syndicated lending, asset finance and financial derivatives. He advises lenders, sponsors and corporate borrowers on all aspects of leveraged buyouts, financial restructurings, general syndicated lending and asset finance transactions.
His recent representations include advising lenders and sponsors/borrowers on:
- A large number of German and international leveraged buyouts.
- A range of investment grade and sub-investment grade (cross-over) corporate credit facilities.
- Syndicated promissory notes for German foreign issuers.
- Asset-based financings.
- Unitranche- and Super Senior credit facilities.
- Credit facilities embedded in multi-layered capital structures including Second Lien, PIK Facilities, Term Loan B-financings and capital market instruments.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Thomas is recognized as one of the leading lawyers by directories as JUVE, Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, Best Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal for banking and acquisition finance.
He studied law at the universities of Tübingen (Dr. jur.), Leiden (The Netherlands) and Cambridge (England) (LL.M.). Thomas is author of the financing chapters of the renowned “Rechtshandbuch Private Equity”, C.H. Beck, Munich, and „Hölters - Handbuch Unternehmenskauf”, Otto Schmidt Verlag, Cologne. He is admitted in Germany (Rechtsanwalt) and in England and Wales (Solicitor) and speaks German and English.
- University of Tübingen, Dr.
- North Rhine-Westphalia, Second State Exam
- University of Cambridge Faculty of Law, LL.M.
- University of Tübingen, First State Exam
- England and Wales