Sinjini Saha is a partner in Milbank LLP’s Financial Restructuring Group. Sinjini has acted on a wide range of large scale, cross border restructuring and special situations transactions. Dual qualified in New York and England – Sinjini has deep experience with fund investors, acting both creditor side and in sponsor held debtor mandates, and brings a very flexible solution-oriented outlook to complex situations. Recent closed transactions in 2019 include creditor side mandates in the restructurings of Abengoa, Nyrstar and Young’s Seafood and various special situations investment mandates. Sinjini graduated as a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar from Columbia Law School in 2008 and has a B.A., LL.B. (with honors) from the National Law School of India University in Bangalore, India.
Primary Focus & Experience
Her clients have included Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge Capital Partners, GSO Capital, Njord Partners, Blackstone Capital and KKR.
Recent notable matters include:
- Acting for lender and bondholder committees in the restructurings of Camaïeu, Harkand, Marme Inversiones, CEDC-Roust and Cecon.
- Representing distressed investors with control positions (including Oaktree Capital and Centerbridge Partners) in connection with various restructurings.
- Acting for the new money committee in the restructuring and rescue financing of Abengoa, through homologation, UK CVA and US chapter 11 proceedings.
- Acting for Oaktree Capital, Alchemy and Njord Partners on several M&A and joint venture transactions.
- Acting for Blackstone’s private equity funds in their investments in Alliance Automotive Group in France, Versace in Italy, Scout24 in Germany, Leica Camera in Germany, Visa Power in India and the disposals of Mivisa in Spain and Intelenet in India.
- Acting for Blackstone’s real estate funds in their acquisition of the portfolio of non-performing loans and restructuring of 1 America Square and their investment in certain Italian hotels and logistics assets.
- Acting for GSO in their joint venture with Telefonica S.A. to develop a mobile advertising business using intellectual property assets acquired by GSO out of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Acting for KKR’s private equity funds in their investments in the OEG Offshore Group and Flowstream (an investor in North Sea oil stream assets) and the partial sale and reinvestment in the Visma Group in Norway.
- Acting in relation to the initial public offerings of Autotrader, Pets at Home, Infinis and NXP.
- Acting in relation to various private equity sponsored high yield issuances and tender offers including Infinis plc, Gestamp Automocion, Eircom Ltd., Virgin Media Finance PLC, Bormioli Rocco Holdings S.A., NXP, Stena AB, Corral Petroleum Holdings AB and Expro.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Sinjini regularly holds private equity and distressed investment seminars for the London Business School MBA program’s Private Equity and M&A club.
Sinjini received her Master of Laws in May 2008 from Columbia University School of Law, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. She earned her B.A., LL.B. with honors in 2004 from the National Law School of India University in Bangalore, India.
- Columbia Law School
- National Law School of India University
- England and Wales
- New York