Rebecca Marques is a partner in the firm’s European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets group in London.
Primary Focus & Experience
Rebecca focuses on advising underwriters, issuers and sponsors on a range of complex financings in Europe, the United States and internationally, including leveraged buyouts, and in a wide variety of international securities transactions. Her practice and experience is broad, covering high yield debt offerings for leveraged buyouts and corporates, international capital markets transactions in general, liability management exercises and restructurings.
Recent representative engagements include:
- Advising the ad hoc committee of noteholders in the completion of the €500 million 6.75% senior secured notes and US$300M 7.625% senior secured notes, originally due in November 2021 and issued by Codere Finance 2 (Luxembourg) S.A., part of the Codere group of companies, an international gaming operator with operations in Latin America, Spain and Italy
- Advising the initial purchasers in connection with multiple bond offerings by Bain Capital portfolio company, Parts Europe (f/k/a Autodis), a leading independent distributor of vehicle parts in France and Western Europe including more recently its tap offering of €280 million 6.50% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 and a €300 million offering of 6.50% senior secured notes due 2025
- Advising ASR Media and Sponsorship S.p.A. in connection with the solicitation of consents from holders of its outstanding €275 million 5.125% senior secured notes due 2024 following its acquisition by The Friedkin Group, Inc., a privately held group of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, golf and adventure companies
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers on the underwritten financing package supporting the bid by a consortium, including Bain Capital, for Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, a global company that provides sustainable and innovative fiber solutions, in a deal valuing the Finnish firm at approximately €2.1 billion
- Advising the initial purchasers in relation to Ardonagh, the UK’s largest independent insurance broker, on multiple bond financings and including more recently including its $500 million 11½% / 12¾% senior PIK toggle notes due 2027 issued by Ardonagh Midco 2 plc. The transaction was the first of its type, a PIK toggle notes offering combined with a unitranche financing
- Advising Salt, a Swiss telecommunications provider formerly known as Orange Switzerland on its multiple high yield bond offerings and TLB and private placements including most recently:
- the repricing of its term loan facility B and the offering of €100 million aggregate principal amount of its 3.125% senior secured notes due 2026 as additional notes under its existing indenture through a private placement
- an offering of €250 million senior secured notes due 2024 and an offering of €575 million senior secured notes due 2026. The deal also consisted of a new 7-year term loan facility B of up to €500 million and a new 5-year revolving facility of up to CHF 75 million. This was the first example of a secured bond pricing inside a loan of the same maturity since 2010
- Advising the initial purchasers in relation to Fabric (BC) S.p.A. on multiple bond issuances including:
- its €225 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2026, the proceeds of which were used to repay amounts outstanding under a senior secured bridge facility used to fund the acquisition by Fedrigoni of Ritrama Group. Milbank also advised the lenders under the senior secured bridge facility
- its €455 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024. The proceeds of the bond issuance were used to repay amounts outstanding under the bridge facility used to fund the acquisition by Bain Capital of Fedrigoni S.p.A. Milbank also advised the initial purchasers on the bridge facility. Fedrigoni is a leading European manufacturer and distributor of specialty paper, self-adhesive products and security products
- its €125 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024
- Advising Together Financial, a UK specialist mortgage and secured loan provider, on all of its bond offerings since 2013 including:
- the issuance by its subsidiary Jerrold FinCo plc of its £435 million aggregate principal amount of 4⅞% senior secured notes due 2026
- its £350 million aggregate principal amount of 8⅞% / 10⅜% senior PIK toggle notes due 2023
- Advising Amigo Loans, a UK specialist lender, on multiple bond offerings including:
- tap offering of £75 million 7.625% senior secured notes due 2024
- tap offering of £50 million 7.625% senior secured notes due 2024
- Advising the initial purchasers in connection with Victoria Plc’s offering of €330 million 5¼% senior secured notes. Victoria is a leading international designer, manufacturer and distributor of innovative flooring products across the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and Australia
- Advising SAZKA Group on its all cash, unconditional offer to acquire Greece’s OPAP. SAZKA Group is one of the fastest growing European gaming companies with significant market presence in Austria, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Greece and Italy
- Advising eir in connection with its €1.15 billion bond and term loan financing. eir is the principal provider of fixed line telecommunications and the third largest mobile telecommunications provider in Ireland
- Advising Barclays, JPMorgan, and HSBC, as global coordinators, and a group of banks as initial purchasers in a cross-border acquisition financing to support Carlyle and GIC's acquisition of the specialty chemicals business of AkzoNobel N.V.
- Advising JPMorgan, as solicitation agent, in connection with the solicitation of consents by Radisson Hotel Holdings AB from the holders of its outstanding €250 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2023 to certain amendments to the existing indenture
- Advising KAEFER Isoliertechnik GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, in connection with its issuance of €250 million in senior secured notes and entry into a €480 million super senior revolving credit and multicurrency revolving letter of guarantee facility
Recognition & Accomplishments
Rebecca is recognized as a “Leading Individual” by Legal 500 UK 2021, “Highly Regarded” by IFLR 1000 2020 for High Yield as well as “Up and Coming” for Capital Markets: High Yield by Chambers UK 2021.
“She is highly responsive and very strong technically."
"She understands the market very well."
“Technically excellent, a ‘hands’ on" partner”
“Rebecca Marques shows strong client engagement and responsiveness.”
"She is really good. She is very smart, articulate and good."
(Chambers UK 2021, Client Testimonials)
Rebecca is also an active participant in pro bono work and won "Lawyer of the Year" at the 2017 Thomson Reuters TrustLaw Awards.
Rebecca is a contributor to publications and co-authored the Project Bonds Chapter in John Dewar’s International Project Finance – Law and Practice, the third edition of which published by Oxford University Press in September 2019.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University School of Law, LL.M.
- Williams College, B.A.
- New York