Rebecca Marques is a partner in the firm’s European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets Group in London. Rebecca focuses on advising underwriters, issuers and sponsors on a range of complex financings in Europe, the United States and internationally, including leveraged buyouts, and in a wide variety of international securities transactions. Her practice and experience is broad, covering high yield debt offerings for leveraged buyouts and corporates, international capital markets transactions in general and liability management exercises.
Primary Focus & Experience
Select representative engagements include:
- Advised Barclays, a major investment bank, and HSBC, as global coordinators, and a group of banks as initial purchasers in a cross-border acquisition financing to support Carlyle and GIC’s acquisition of the specialty chemicals business of AkzoNobel N.V.
- Advised Bracken Midco1 plc, the holding company of Together Financial Services Limited, in connection with its issuance of £350 million aggregate principal amount of 8⅞% / 10⅜% senior PIK toggle notes due 2023.
- Advised a major investment bank, as solicitation agent, in connection with the solicitation of consents by Radisson Hotel Holdings AB from the holders of its outstanding €250 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2023 to certain amendments to the existing indenture.
- Advised KAEFER Isoliertechnik GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, in connection with its issuance of €250 million in senior secured notes and entry into a €480 million super senior revolving credit and multicurrency revolving letter of guarantee facility.
- Advised BNP Paribas, HSBC Bank plc, KKR Capital Markets Limited and Unione di Banche Italiane S.p.A., as initial purchasers, in connection with the issuance of €125 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024 by Fabric (BC) S.p.A., a specialist paper manufacturer owned by Bain.
- Advised Merrill Lynch International and Goldman Sachs International, as placement agents, in connection with the private placement of £98,300,000 aggregate principal amount of 8.375% senior secured notes due 2023 issued by Ardonagh, an insurance intermediary group.
- Advised Salt, a subsidiary of Matterhorn Telecom, in connection with its offering of €400 million 4.00% senior secured notes due 2027.
- Advised Naviera Armas, a subsidiary of Bahia de las Isletas, in connection with its offering of €300 million floating rate senior secured notes due 2024, the proceeds of which were used to fund the acquisition of Trasmediterranea S.A.
- Advised Credit Suisse, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole, ING, UniCredit and CaixaBank, as initial purchasers, in connection with the issuance of €600 million senior secured notes by Cortefiel, a subsidiary of Masaria Investments, owned by CVC and PAI.
- Advised Barclays and a major investment bank as dealer managers, in connection with an offer by Swissport to exchange all of the outstanding 6.750% senior notes due 2021 and 9.750% senior notes due 2022 for new 6.750% senior notes due 2021 and new 9.750% senior notes due 2022, and to consent to certain changes to the existing indentures.
- Advised BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs International, as initial purchasers, in connection with the issuance of £806 million equivalent senior secured notes by insurance intermediary KIRS Group.
- Advised the initial purchasers in connection with issue and sale by First Quantum Minerals Ltd of $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of 7.25% senior notes due 2023 and $1.1 billion aggregate principal amount of 7.50% senior notes due 2025. Concurrent with the notes offering, First Quantum’s offers to purchase its outstanding $350 million senior notes due 2019 and $1.1 billion senior notes due 2020
- Advised Salt, a subsidiary of Matterhorn Telecom, in connection with (i) the consent solicitation for certain amendments to the existing indentures, (ii) the Senior Secured Notes Issuer’s offer to purchase and solicitation of its outstanding floating rate senior secured notes due 2022, and (iii) the combined offering by the Issuers of CHF 687 million (equivalent) aggregate principal amount of new floating rate senior secured notes due 2023 and additional senior notes due 2023.
- Advised a major investment bank, Jefferies and NatWest Markets, as initial purchasers, in connection with the inaugural offering of £275 million 7.625% senior secured notes due 2024 by specialist lender Amigo Loans.
- Advised a major investment bank, BNP Paribas, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and Oddo, as initial purchasers, in connection with the offering of €260 million 4.375% senior secured fixed rate notes due 2022 and €260 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2022 by autopart distributor Autodis.
- Advised Barclays and HSBC, as initial purchasers, in connection with the inaugural offering of €500 million of senior notes by Volvo.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Rebecca won "Lawyer of the Year" for her pro bono work at the 2017 Thomson Reuters TrustLaw Awards. Rebecca has been recognized as a “Leading Individual” in Legal 500 UK 2020 in High Yield and is a notable practitioner for IFLR 1000.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University School of Law, LL.M.
- Williams College, B.A.
- New York