Leopold Riedl is a member of the firm's Corporate Group. He focuses on mergers & acquisitions and corporate law including advice regarding private equity transactions.
Selected Project Samples
- Capvis on the acquisition of a stake in ProXES.
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) on the sale of its shares in ZGS Verwaltungs-GmbH (Schülerhilfe).
- H.C. Starck Group on the sale of its STC Division to Höganäs AB.
- PAI Partners and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking on the sale of Xella Group to Lone Star.
- Bilfinger SE on the sale of its Building and Facility business segment to EQT.
- Axel Springer SE on the sale of its shareholding in runtastic GmbH, an Austrian internet company.
- Advent on the sale of its majority stake in GFKL Financial Services AG to the financial investor Permira.
- General Atlantic on the merger of FlixBus and MeinFernbus and the related investment by General Atlantic in the combined businesses.
- Douglas Holding on the sale of Hussel to EMERAM Capital Partners.
- Douglas Holding AG and its parent company AI Beauty & Cy SCA on the sale of CHRIST jewellery stores to the financial investor 3i.
He studied law at the University of Würzburg and at Trinity College Dublin (Ireland), and spent his clerkship period (Referendariat) in Frankfurt and London. He also holds a doctorate degree from the University of Würzburg and is a former Foundation of German Business (sdw) scholarship holder.
Leopold Riedl is admitted to the German bar and speaks German and English.
- University of Würzburg, First State Exam
- University of Würzburg, Dr.
- Hesse, Second State Exam