Henry T. Scott is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Milbank and a member of the firm's Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Scott’s practice focuses on corporate, transactional and energy law. He has experience representing both financing parties and sponsors in debt and equity financing transactions involving wind, solar, and geothermal generation projects, coal gasification facilities, and onshore LNG terminals, as well as rail and road public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructure projects. In addition, Mr. Scott has experience in the negotiation of power purchase agreements with California utilities, rolling stock supply agreements, and engineering, procurement and construction contracts for solar, wind, and thermal energy facilities. He regularly advises buyers and sellers in the acquisitions, workouts, and dispositions of energy and infrastructure assets.
He has represented clients in connection with the federal loan guarantee program and has expertise in the area of energy policy and transmission, including renewable portfolio standards, energy efficiency, and feed-in tariffs.
In addition, Mr. Scott has experience representing clients involved in the space, communications and transportation sectors, and has represented clients in connection with the financing of aviation, satellite and other space-related assets.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Scott earned his J.D. cum laude from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy, and received his B.A. summa cum laude from the University of Notre Dame, where he was elected Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Scott’s representative transactions include the representation of:
- a club of tax equity investors in an approximately $350 million investment in a portfolio of wind projects located in Texas and New York
- the tax equity investors in connection with a tax equity investment in the Deepwater Wind Block Island Wind Farm, the first off-shore wind project in North America
- the tax equity investor in a leveraged partnership flip investment in the Crescent Dunes solar energy project
- a private equity buyer in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of 23 operating renewable energy assets with a combined nameplate capacity of 973 MW
- a tax equity investor in the tax equity financing of a 99 MW wind project in California and a 74 MW wind project in Oklahoma
- a tax equity investor in its $145 million investment in a solar project in California
- a US satellite communications provider in connection with the US. Ex-Im Bank financing of next-generation high-capacity satellite
- a US satellite manufacturer in a strategic partnership with a satellite operator
- tax equity investor in the disposition of ownership interests in wind energy facilities
- a solar developer in the strategic disposition of six solar projects to a large US utility
- a sponsor equity group in connection with a bid for the Denver FastTracks PPP project
- the sponsor in connection with the project financing of the $1.9 billion Solana Power Project in Arizona
- the investor club in connection with the lease financing of Catalina Solar project and the Pacific Wind project
- the tax equity investor in connection with the lease financing of wind facilities in Minnesota
- the lenders of in connection with the financing of the Avenal solar utility-scale PV project in California
- Georgetown Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2005