Francisco R. Nuñez is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Corporate Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Francisco’s practice focuses on the representation of public and private companies and private equity firms in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, equity investments, joint-ventures and related transactions.
Some of Francisco’s recent transactions include the representation of:
Canadian Solar Inc. (Nasdaq: CSIQ) on its sale of three solar energy projects in Mexico to Korea Electric Power Corporation and Sprott Korea
- Magazine Luiza S.A. (BVMF: MGLU3) on its acquisition of Netshoes (Cayman) Limited (NYSE: NETS), a sports and lifestyle online retailer in Brazil
- First Infrastructure Capital on its acquisition of WhiteWater Midstream, the owner of a majority equity interest in a Delaware Basin natural gas pipeline system
- LS Power on its acquisition of CPower, a leading provider of energy management solutions in the U.S.
- LS Power on its acquisition of Electric Market Connection (EMC), a leading provider of energy efficiency measurement and project monetization services in the U.S.
- Arrow Electronics Inc. (NYSE: ARW) on its acquisition of e-Infochips Limited, a global product engineering and software services firm based in Ahmedabad, India and San Jose, California
- WerfenLife, S.A. on its sale of Bolton Medical, a stent graft manufacturer, to Terumo Corporation in a transaction involving Austria, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, the Netherlands, the UK and the US
- BlackRock on its acquisition of a 50% equity interest in Grandview, a wind energy project located in Texas, from GE Energy Financial Services
- Mercuria Energy Group on its acquisition of Noble Americas Gas and Power Corp, the North American gas and power division of Noble Group, a Singapore-based commodities trader
- Intercorp Financial Services Inc. on its acquisition of Seguros Sura S.A., a provider of annuities and life insurance policies in Peru, and Hipotecaria Sura Empresa Administradora Hipotecaria S.A., a portfolio of real estate mortgage loans in Peru
- NG Entertainment Perú S.A.C. in connection with its acquisition of a controlling interest in Intralot de Peru S.A.C., a Peruvian lottery and sports betting company, from Athens-based Intralot S.A.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Francisco obtained his LL.M. degree from New York University School of Law (where he received the Arthur T. Vanderbilt scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship awarded on the basis of outstanding academic merit) and obtained his Abogado degree from University of Buenos Aires School of Law (where he was designated as abanderado (graduation standard-bearer) on the basis of outstanding academic merit). Francisco is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Francisco is a native Spanish speaker.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Universidad de Buenos Aires, Abogado (J.D. equivalent)
- New York