Steffen Oppenländer is a member of the firm’s Corporate Group. He represents private equity funds as well as national and international corporations on complex domestic and cross-border acquisitions, investments and joint ventures. In addition to transactional work, he advises entrepreneurs and family enterprises, particularly in relation to succession issues.
Selected Project Samples
- EQT on the minority participation in Otto Bock HealthCare, on the sale of SAG Group to SPIE and on the sale of Kabel BW to Liberty Global.
- M&C on the acquisition of a majority stake in Treofan Group.
- Charterhouse on the sale of Armacell to a consortium of Blackstone and Kirkby.
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of Wittur Group from Triton and on the subsequent acquisition of Sematic Group by Wittur from Carlyle and the Zappa family.
- CVC on the sale of Flint Group to a consortium of Goldman Sachs and Koch Private Equity.
- Airbus Defence and Space on the sale of RST Rostock Systemtechnik to Ferchheim Group.
- First State Investments on the acquisition of Erdgasversorgung Thüringen-Sachsen from E.ON.
- EuroChem on the acquisition of the K+S Nitrogen Business.
- Flexera Software on acquisition of Honico Systems.
- TenneT on the acquisition of the German extra high voltage transmission system from E.ON, the NordLink interconnector joint venture with KfW and Statnett and the DolWin3 offshore windpark HVDC connection joint venture with Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners.
Prior to joining Milbank, Steffen practiced law in Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, London, Munich and New York.
Steffen studied law at the Universities of Freiburg and Munich. He has a doctorate in law from the University of Bonn. Steffen was admitted to the German bar in 2003. He speaks German and English.
- University of Bonn, Dr.
- Bavaria, Second State Exam
- University of Munich, First State Exam