Aaron C. Stine is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm's Corporate Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Stine represents private equity firms, as well as public and private companies, in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings and other corporate transactions.
Mr. Stine has advised clients in stock and asset deals and other transactional matters in industries such as healthcare, telecommunications, gaming, grocery, real estate, power and energy and infrastructure. His practice focuses primarily on transactions involving renewable and clean energy assets, power generation and transmission assets, and other power, energy and infrastructure assets located in the United States and overseas.
Mr. Stine’s recent experience includes:
- Advised institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management - Global Real Assets in its acquisition from SunEdison, Inc. and its affiliates of several utility scale wind and solar projects totaling approximately 1,383MW.
- Advised ArcLight Capital Partners in its sale to a private equity firm of preferred equity in New Covert, a 1,100 MW highly efficient combined cycle natural gas-fired power generation facility located near Covert, MI.
- Advised investment firm Actis in its purchase from global power generation firm InterGen of InterGen’s business interests in Mexico (which included six combined cycle gas turbine projects and one wind project) for an enterprise value of US$1.3 billion.
- Advised global power generation company IC Power and certain of its affiliates in its sale to Enersis S.A. of its 21% indirect interest in Edegel S.A.A., Peru’s largest power generator.
- Advised Energy Capital Partners, a leading private equity investor in energy infrastructure, in the acquisition of Terra-Gen, LLC, owners of more than 20 wind, solar and geothermal power generation assets generating 976 MW across the United States.
- Advised Energy Capital Partners in the acquisition of Florida wholesale electricity supplier NextEra Energy Resource’s interest in Mojave 3, 4 and 5 wind assets.
- Advised Acme Markets, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of AB Acquisition LLC (Albertsons Companies), in its acquisition of over 70 grocery stores from The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company in a 363 transaction.
- Advised Genco Shipping & Trading Limited in its merger with Baltic Trading, pursuant to which Genco acquired Baltic Trading in a stock-for-stock transaction.
- Advised Penn National Gaming in its $360 million acquisition of the Tropicana Las Vegas in a public merger transaction.
- Advised Ligado Networks LLC (formerly LightSquared) during the pendency of and its successful emergence from its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Recognition & Accomplishments
In 2019 and 2020, Mr. Stine was ranked as an Associate to Watch for Corporate/M&A in Chambers USA: New York, with clients noting that he is a “standout associate” bringing a "very responsive, calm and collected" approach to M&A deals, and his “ability to digest and analyze all the deal documents, with exacting precision, and provide solutions."
Mr. Stine attended George Washington University Law School on a Presidential Merit Scholarship. He was a George Washington Scholar (2007-2010) and graduated Order of the Coif.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- New York