Sound Guidance with Governance Requirements.
As part of our broad M&A, Private Equity and Financial Restructuring practices, Milbank regularly serves in a corporate advisory role. We regularly advise corporations and other legal entities and their boards of directors (as well as their special committees) in connection with:
- Corporate governance issues
- Regulatory reporting requirements
- Takeovers from the standpoint of the bidder or the target
- Auction sale processes
- Stock exchange listing requirements
- Conflict of interest issues
- Executive compensation issues
- Alternative restructuring options.
Extensive Experience and Expertise
Based on our extensive experiences, we are particularly well-qualified to assist companies and their boards of directors in making informed and effective decisions when faced with potential intervention and second-guessing by regulatory authorities or other third parties, such as investors, stockholders, media or unsuccessful merger partners.
To support this expertise, we comprehensively analyze recent developments in the corporate governance arena and our attorneys routinely publish articles on these matters in leading publications.