Sarbajeet Nag is a partner in the firm’s Global Capital Markets Group/Leveraged Finance Group in London.
Primary Focus & Experience
Sarbajeet has advised and represented lenders, issuers and sponsors in a wide range of international and domestic transactions, including leveraged acquisition financings, infrastructure financings, financial restructurings and Public-to-Private buyouts.
His recent representations include:
- Acting for the lead arranger on Lone Star’s Public-to-Private Takeover bid for McCarthy & Stone plc, a leading developer and manager of retirement communities in the UK.
- Acting for the underwriters on the €2.1 billion public takeover of Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj, a global company that provides sustainable and innovative fiber solutions by a consortium, including Bain Capital
- Acting for the debt financing sources in the US$5 billion (approx.) financing of Elanco’s acquisition of Bayer AG’s animal health business.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Tikehau Investment Management, as joint lead arrangers in the financing of Warburg Pincus and ArchiMed’s acquisition of Polyplus-transfection, a French biotechnology company that specializes in the development and sale of solutions for the delivery of nucleic acids in research, bioproduction and therapeutics.
- Acting for the arrangers in connection with the acquisition of Galileo Global Education, an international provider of higher education, by a consortium of financial sponsors.
- Acting for the underwriters in connection with the acquisition of BASF Construction Chemicals, a German multinational chemical company and the largest chemical producer in the world, by Lone Star.
- Acting for Salt Mobile (f/k/a Orange Switzerland) in connection with their bank / bond refinancing.
- Acting for the second lien lenders in connection with the refinancing of Wittur, a worldwide leading producer and supplier of elevator components and a portfolio company of Bain Capital.
- Acting for the underwriters and initial purchasers in connection with the public-to-private acquisition by a consortium led by the Macquarie Infrastructure Group of TDC A/S.*
- Acting for the senior underwriters in connection with the public-to-private acquisition by a consortium led by Hellman & Friedman of Nets A/S.*
Recognition & Accomplishments
Sarbajeet is recognized as a Next Generation Partner by Legal 500 UK 2021 for Acquisition Finance and by Chambers UK 2021 as Up and Coming for Banking & Finance. He was awarded a European Rising Star at Euromoney’s LMG Rising Stars Awards Europe 2020 for Banking and Finance.
"He is a mind-blowing, intelligent guy –one of the smartest guys. He didn’t miss anything, explained arcane points intelligently and cut through to the important stuff. He was just expert."
“He runs a very efficient process, gives a clear steer on what is important and is extremely commercial and a good delver. Sarbajeet provides clear yet robust advice"
(Client testimonials, Chambers UK 2021)
*Includes matters handled while at a previous firm
- National University of Juridical Sciences, B.A./LL.B.
- Registered Foreign Lawyer
- Pending Admission in United Kingdom