Rolf Füger serves as managing partner of the Munich office, is a member of the firm’s Tax Group and one of the three partners founding this office in 2004. Rolf's practice covers all areas of corporate and international taxation. He has developed significant expertise in the private equity sector where he focuses on the development and implementation of innovative cross-border acquisition and financing structures, post-closing reorganizations and recapitalizations, exits including partial exits and the structuring of funds.
Selected Project Samples
- Otto Group on the sale of Ratepay to Advent International and Bain Capital Private Equity.
- H.C. Starck Group on reorganisation and refinancing.
- The Carlyle Group on several acquisitions, including tax efficient structuring of the transactions and negotiation of the tax-related parts of the transaction documentations.
- Advent on the sale of its majority stake in GFKL Financial Services AG to the financial investor Permira.
- General Atlantic on the formation of a strategic partnership with ControlExpert, a leading service provider to the car insurance industry.
- Affinitas GmbH on its merger with Spark Networks, Inc.
- PAI Partners and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking on the sale of Xella Group to Lone Star.
- Philipp Lahm on his investment in Schneekoppe.
- Axel Springer on increase of its share in Digital Classifieds Business.
- Douglas Holding AG on the sale of CHRIST jewellery stores to the financial investor 3i and confectionary specialist Hussel to Emeram Capital Partners.
- Ardian on the successful acquisition of d&b audiotechnik.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Current rankings in directories as JUVE, Chambers, Legal 500, Best Lawyers International and Who’s Who Legal recognize him as one of the leading lawyers in Germany for tax law. He has been awarded as Tax Lawyer of the Year 2017 by Best Lawyers Germany.
Rolf Füger studied law at the University of Augsburg and was admitted to the German bar in 1990. He holds a doctorate degree of the University of Augsburg and is admitted as a certified tax lawyer (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht) in Germany. He speaks German and English.
He lectures and publishes frequently on issues of domestic and international tax law.
- University of Augsburg, Dr.
- Bavaria, Second State Exam
- University of Augsburg, First State Exam