Roland Estevez is a partner in the New York office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a member of the firm’s Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Estevez’s practice is primarily focused on the representation of financial institutions, multi-nationals and developers across a broad spectrum of sectors, including oil and gas, power (including renewable energy), infrastructure and mining throughout Latin America.
His recent representations include:
- Representing a wide range of international and Latin American clients in major power plant financings across Latin America (most recently in Mexico and Colombia).
- Representation of financial institutions (including export credit agencies) in major drillship, semi-submersible and FPSO transactions in Brazil and Mexico.
- Representation of financial institutions in the financing of Latin American mining projects (including in Chile and the Pueblo Viejo project in the Dominican Republic).
- Representing Citibank, Google and other institutions in various solar energy project investments.
- Representing project sponsors and lenders in major infrastructure projects throughout the Americas (including PR-22 among others).
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Estevez speaks Spanish natively. He received a business degree in Economics from the University of South Florida and a law degree from the Hofstra University School of Law where he was a member of the Hofstra Law Review.
He is listed as a leading project finance lawyer in Chambers Latin America (Projects), Chambers USA (Expert in Projects) and the Legal 500.
- Hofstra University, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.
- New York