Marina Carvalho Rodriguez is an associate in the São Paulo office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Global Capital Markets Group.
Ms. Rodriguez’s practice focuses on New York law-based consulting to Brazilian and U.S. companies and financial institutions in a variety of cross-border transactions, including capital markets, financing, corporate and mergers and acquisitions. She has experience across a broad range of industries, including banking, financial services, retail, logistics, chemicals and infrastructure.
Among her recent representations:
- Grupo de Moda Soma S.A., owner of apparel retail brands such as Farm, Animale and Cris Barros, in its IPO under Rule 144A and Regulation S, in the total amount of R$1.6 billion. Grupo Soma is one of Brazil’s leaders in apparel e-commerce.
- Cruzeiro do Sul Educacional S.A., the fourth largest for-profit higher education group in Brazil, in its IPO under Rule 144A and Regulation S, in the total amount of R$1.1 billion.
- Mobly S.A., the leading pure play home & living retail app in Brazil, in its IPO under Rule 144A and Regulation S, in the total amount of R$811.6 million.
- Four international financial institutions in the R$637.9 million follow-on equity offering under Rule 144A and Regulation S of LOG Commercial Properties e Participações S.A., one of the leading Brazilian companies for logistics and industrial warehouses.
- Four international financial institutions the US$2.25 billion dual-series senior notes issuance by Brazilian petrochemicals company Braskem S.A., comprising US$1.5 billion senior notes due 2030 and US$750 million 5.875% senior notes due 2050.
- Six international financial institutions in the US$600 million issuance of hybrid notes by Brazilian petrochemicals company Braskem S.A., the first hybrid debt instrument issuance by a Brazilian corporate issuer (non-financial institution) in over a decade.
- Six international financial institutions in the US$500 million issuance of sustainability-linked bonds unconditionally guaranteed by Klabin S.A., one of Brazil’s largest paper and pulp companies.
- Five international financial institutions in the US$200 million reopening of green bonds unconditionally guaranteed by Klabin S.A.
- FS Agrisolutions Indústria de Biocombustíveis Ltda. (FS Bioenergia), one of Brazil’s largest producers of ethanol and a market leader in environmentally friendly biofuels, in its inaugural US$550 million green bonds issuance and US$50 million reopening of green bonds.
- Grupo Pão de Açúcar in matters relating to their ADR program and SEC reporting obligations.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Ms. Rodriguez earned her LL.M. from Columbia Law School, where she graduated as a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar, and earned her LL.B from University of São Paulo. Ms. Rodriguez also earned a postgraduate degree in corporate law from Insper - Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
Prior to joining Milbank, Ms. Rodriguez worked in the legal department of one of the largest financial institutions in Brazil and as an international attorney at another leading U.S. law firm.
Ms. Rodriguez is fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.
- University of São Paulo, LL.B.
- New York