Widely recognised as a leading global project finance lawyer, John has built an extremely broad practice and outstanding reputation for advising on the most innovative and significant ‘market-first’ transactions around the world. His practice focuses on advising parties in the development and financing of oil and gas, natural resources, independent power, telecommunications, satellite and other infrastructure projects. He has particular expertise in multi-sourced financings, including those involving multilateral and export credit agencies and Islamic institutions.
His recent experience includes advising sponsors, lenders and other parties on:
- a range of independent power and water projects throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia (including the world’s three largest independent power and water projects)
- refinery and petrochemicals projects in the Middle East and Asia
- an LNG project in Yemen
- energy and industrial sector financings in Nigeria
- mining projects in Africa, Latin America, the Middle East and Asia
- global satellite and telecommunications financing
Recognition & Accomplishments
John has been recognised as a leading project finance lawyer by a number of journals, among them: the International Who’s Who of Project Finance Lawyers, Legal 500, PLC, Chambers UK and Chambers Global, which designated him among the 1st tier of projects lawyers in London and as 1st tier in the Middle East projects market. He is the editor of “International Project Finance Law and Practice”, which was recently published by Oxford University Press.
- Guildford College of Law, J.D.
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, M.A.
- Sidney Sussex College, Cambridge University, B.A., 1988
- England and Wales