Andrej Wolf is a partner and a member of the firm’s Global Corporate Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Wolf’s practice focuses on private equity. He represents a broad range of private equity houses, financial sponsor clients and their portfolio companies on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, secondaries, exits, carve-out transactions, minority and growth capital investments in a variety of sectors and geographies. Andrej’s clients include, amongst others, such global private equity players as Accel-KKR, AE Industrial Partners, Apax Partners, EW Healthcare Partners, HGGC, Madison Dearborn Partners, Peak Rock Capital, Summit Partners, Sun European Partners as well as Duff & Phelps.
Select highlights of his transactions include the representation of:
Growth Capital and Minority Investments
- Summit Partners on its investment in GRESB, B.V., a subscription-based provider of environmental, social and governance (ESG) benchmark data for real assets.
- Summit Partners on its investment in LearnUpon Limited, a cloud-based learning management system.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Red Points Solutions, S.L., a provider of online IP infringement detection and removal services.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Syncron International A.B., a provider of cloud-based after-sales service solutions.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Immersive Labs Holdings Limited, a cybersecurity education software company.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Odoo S.A., a provider of open source business software for small and medium sized businesses.
- Summit Partners on its investment in and other transactions in connection with Darktrace Limited, an AI company specialising in cyber security and defence systems.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Akeneo, S.A.S., a product-experience software provider that serves retailers and brands.
- Summit Partners on its co-investment, alongside Bridgepoint SAS, in Calypso Technology, Inc., a US-based leading provider of capital markets software.
Leveraged Buyouts and Acquisitions
- Sun European Partners on its acquisition on Adler & Allan group, a leading UK environmental risk reduction specialist, from LDC.
- Sun European Partners on its acquisition of Vetrerie Riunite, specialists in glass parts of electrical household appliances.
- Peak Rock Capital on its acquisition of Halo Foods, a UK-based snack bars manufacturer, from Nimbus
- Duff & Phelps (a portfolio company of Stone Point Capital, Further Global and Permira) on its acquisition of Blackrock Expert Services Group, a UK-headquartered specialist in disputes and advisory services.
- Duff & Phelps and Prime Clerk (a member of the Duff & Phelps group) on their acquisition of the Lucid Group, a leading provider of securities solicitation and loan and bond services solutions.
- Apax Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in matchesfashion.com, a UK-based luxury fashion brand.
- Portfolio companies of HGGC (including Davies Group, Neutraceutical Corporation, Beauty Industry Group and Selligent), EW Healthcare Partners (including EUSA Pharma and Cognate BioServices), Accel-KKR (including SmartCommunications and Kerridge Commercial Systems), Summit Partners (including Viroclinics Biosciences) on numerous leveraged acquisitions and add-on transactions.
Secondaries and Disposals
- Summit Partners on its disposal of a minority position in Relex Solutions Oy to TCV Capital.
- Summit Partners on its disposal of the Normec Group, a technology-enabled provider of testing, inspection and certification services, to Astorg.
- HGGC on its disposal of Selligent, a sophisticated B2C marketing platform, to Campaign Monitor Group.
- Pamplona Capital Management on its disposal of Partner in Pet Food, a leading European manufacturer of branded and own-label pet food products, to Cinven.
- Sun European Partners on its disposal of DBApparel, the designer and manufacturer of branded ladies and men’s intimate apparel, to HanesBrands Inc.
- Mid Europa Partners on its disposal of the SBB/Telemach Group, a cable television and broadband internet service group, to funds managed and advised by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
Carve-Out Transactions and Others
- Sun European Partners on its acquisition of Finlays’ horticultural business.
- Sun European Partners on its acquisition of the assets and business of Robertshaw (formerly, Invensys Appliance division), a global design, engineering and manufacturing company that sells product solutions to the white goods industry, from Schneider Electric.
- Sun European Partners on its acquisition of the assets and business of Dreams plc, the United Kingdom's largest beds retailer, by way of pre-pack administration.
Mr. Wolf received his LPC from the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice in 2005, his LLB from the University of Durham in 2004 and his ERASMUS, Law degree from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in 2003. Prior to joining Milbank, he spent over 13 years practicing law at a leading US law firm in its London office.
He is fluent in English, Russian and Ukrainian and speaks basic German.