Vasiliki Katsarou is an associate in the London office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Litigation & Arbitration Group. Vasiliki joined the firm as a trainee in 2015 and experienced a range of transactional and contentious practice areas before qualifying in 2017. She has experience of complex and high value financial regulatory and commercial disputes in the English High Court, as well as international arbitration.
Primary Focus & Experience
Key experience includes:
- Acting for a leading international bank in defending a High Court claim brought by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on behalf of several failed U.S. banks in relation to alleged infringements of competition law and misrepresentations arising out of the setting of USD LIBOR.
- Acting for a governmental export credit agency in High Court litigation arising out of the financing and leasing of an aircraft.
- Acting for a Qatari Respondent in an ICC arbitration construction dispute relating to delays and additional costs of USD 200 million in a polysilicon plant.
- Acting for a US satellite operator in High Court proceedings concerning a USD 80 million dispute over the provision of satellite services in Pakistan.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Vasiliki has co-authored an article titled “London Arbitration: Increasing its Appeal?”. She has also co-authored a case update titled “Case update – anti-suit injunctions, and arbitrating insolvency-related claims”.
Vasiliki is the co-chair of Milbank London’s Women’s Initiative and a member of Milbank London’s Diversity & Inclusion Group.
- The University of Law, L.P.C.
- The University of Law, G.D.L.
- Harvard University, B.A.
- England and Wales