As an associate in the firm’s Global Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group, Miguel Duran’s practice encompasses a variety of transactions, particularly in the renewable energy and infrastructure sectors. He represents financing parties, sponsors and other project participants in the development, financing, acquisition, workout and disposition of solar and wind power projects, gasification facilities, waste reduction facilities and other infrastructure projects in the United States and Latin America.
His recent renewable energy transactions include:
- Representation of the lenders in connection with the financing of the construction and operation of a 104 MW solar power generating facility in Chile.
- Representation of a lender in connection with the VAT financing of several solar power generating facilities in Chile with an aggregate capacity of over 315 MW.
- Representation of the developers in connection with the development and financing of wind projects in Mexico.
- Representation of the sponsors in connection with the financing of the construction and operation of an 85.8 MW and a 62.7 MW wind project, each located in Tamaulipas, Mexico.
- Representation of a tax equity investor in connection with an investment in a 60 MW solar power generating facility in California.
- Representation of the lead arrangers in connection with the financing of a 71 MW wind and solar project in Arizona.
- Representation of the lead arrangers in the construction and back-leverage financing of a 150 MW wind generating facility in Texas.
- Representation of a tax equity investor in connection with a US$92 million capital contribution in a 74 MW wind farm in Oklahoma.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Duran earned his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, where he was a managing editor of the UCLA Law Review. He is a prize-winning clarinetist and has performed in important venues in Europe and the United States, including Carnegie Hall and Walt Disney Concert Hall. He is a native Spanish speaker.
- UCLA Law School, J.D.
- University of Southern California, D.M.A.
- University of Southern California, M.M.
- CM Jesus Guridi, B.M.