Kate Colman is a partner in the London office of Milbank LLP and a member of the firm’s Financial Restructuring Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Kate has experience working for a range of stakeholders on all aspects of restructurings and stressed and distressed investments.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising the ad hoc committees of noteholders in the debt-for-equity swap restructuring of Codere.
- Advising the ad hoc committees of noteholders in relation to the restructuring of Intralot implemented through parallel exchange offers.
- Advising the ad hoc committees of noteholders in the 2020 restructuring of Codere implemented through a scheme of arrangement.
- Advising the ad hoc committees of noteholders of Officine Maccaferri S.p.A. in connection with its restructuring through the Italian concordato preventivo process.
- Advising a private equity firm in the restructuring of a $700 million loan portfolio to a European shipping business.
- Advising shareholders, debtors, creditor and strategic and special situations investment funds in relation to distressed investments and special situations financings.
- Advising the bond trustee on behalf of the bondholders of African Minerals Limited (in administration) in connection with the administration.
- Advising the Propco companies of the GHG/BMI healthcare group in connection with combined restructuring of the multi-billion pound Propco and Opco capital structures.
- Advising the co-ordinating committee of junior lenders in relation to the restructuring of the General Healthcare Group - a complex securitised private healthcare business in the UK with over £2bn of debt.
- Advising the New Money Lenders to Spanish media and telecommunications conglomerate, Promotora de Informaciones, S.A. (PRISA), on the successful restructuring of its €3.2bn debt.
- Advising a group of US funds on English insolvency law issues arising from the Lehman Brothers Waterfall Applications in the English courts.
- Advising a lender on the restructuring of Stemcor Holdings Ltd, an international steel trading firm.
- Advising a global satellite network company on its out of court restructuring.
Recognitions & Accomplishments
Kate has co-authored a chapter on “Defaults and Workouts: Restructuring Project Financings” in “International Project Finance – Law and Practice” published by Oxford University Press. Kate has also co-authored “A Comparison of an Ad Hoc Committee and an Official Committee Under Insolvency and Other Laws in England and the United States” in GRR’s Art of the Ad Hoc, 2nd edition.
- University of Liverpool, LL.B.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- College of Law, L.P.C.
- England and Wales