Mathias Eisen is a member of the firm's European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets Group and a member of the Financial Restructuring Group. He specializes in acquisition finance, corporate finance and financial restructurings.
Mathias advises financial institutions, investors, sponsors and corporate clients on all aspects of leveraged buyouts, general syndicated lending, debt capital markets transactions, asset finance transactions and financial restructurings, out-of-court as well as in court.
His recent representations include advising lenders and sponsors/borrowers on:
- A range of investment grade and sub-investment grade (cross-over) corporate credit facilities and asset finance transactions.
- German and international leveraged buyouts.
- Corporate bonds, high yield-bonds and promissory notes (Schuldschein) transactions.
- A range of German and multi-jurisdictional financial restructurings
- Bond restructurings and liability management transactions.
- Representation in bankruptcy proceedings.
Recognitions & Accomplishments
Mathias Eisen is recognized as a rising star for Banking, Financial Restructuring and Asset Finance in Germany by IFLR 1000.
Before joining Milbank, Mathias Eisen worked in the Frankfurt and in the London office of a major German law firm as well as for an investment bank in London. He studied law at the University of Passau and holds a doctorate degree from the University of Frankfurt. Mathias Eisen is co-author of „Hölters - Handbuch Unternehmenskauf”, Otto Schmidt Verlag, Cologne. He is admitted to the German bar and speaks German and English.
- University of Frankfurt, Dr.
- Hesse, Second State Exam
- University of Passau, First State Exam