David J. Wolfson is the Executive Director of Milbank and a partner in the firm’s Corporate Group. As Executive Director, David works with the Chairman and the firm’s Executive Committee to manage the firm globally. He joined Milbank in 1993 and has been a partner since 2003.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Wolfson focuses mainly on the representation of domestic and international companies in connection with a wide variety of business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings, including bankruptcy-related restructurings. He has significant cross-border M&A experience.
He has particular expertise in Latin America, energy transactions, and finance transactions. His recent representations include:
- ITOCHU Corporation, as part of the investor group which acquired Samson Investment Company for $7.2 billion, the largest US private equity transaction in 2011
- ITOCHU Corporation in its $1.5 billion investment in Drummond International, LLC, owner and operator of coal mining operations and infrastructure assets in Colombia
- Arrow Electronics, Inc. in numerous acquisitions and on general corporate matters
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Lehman Brothers
buyers and sellers in Latin America and energy transactions
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Wolfson has received the 2013 International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award for M&A in New York and for the USA overall. Mr. Wolfson has been recognized in The Legal 500 United States and The Legal 500 Latin America for his M&A work. Mr. Wolfson is currently an adjunct professor at NYU School of Law. He is also the chair of the firm’s Professional Development Committee. He is a graduate of Columbia School of Law where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and Duke University.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1993
- College of Law, C.P.E., 1990
- Duke University, B.A., 1988
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of California