David J. Wolfson is the Executive Director of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and a partner of the firm’s Corporate Group. As Executive Director, David manages the firm’s global business services functions. He joined Milbank in 1993 and has been a partner since 2003.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Wolfson focuses mainly on the representation of domestic and international companies in connection with a wide variety of business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings, including bankruptcy-related restructurings. He has significant cross-border M&A experience.
He has particular expertise in Latin America, energy transactions, and finance transactions. His recent representations include:
- ITOCHU Corporation, as part of the investor group which acquired Samson Investment Company for $7.2 billion, the largest US private equity transaction in 2011
- ITOCHU Corporation in its $1.5 billion investment in Drummond International, LLC, owner and operator of coal mining operations and infrastructure assets in Colombia
- Arrow Electronics, Inc. in numerous acquisitions and on general corporate matters
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Lehman Brothers
buyers and sellers in Latin America and energy transactions
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Wolfson has received the 2013 International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice Award for M&A in New York and for the USA overall. Mr. Wolfson has been recognized in The Legal 500 United States and The Legal 500 Latin America for his M&A work. Mr. Wolfson is currently an adjunct professor at NYU School of Law. He is also the chair of the firm’s Professional Development Committee. He is a graduate of Columbia School of Law where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and Duke University.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1993
- College of Law, C.P.E., 1990
- Duke University, B.A., 1988
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of California