David is a partner in the Singapore office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP and a member of the firm's Global Executive Committee. He is also the Managing Partner of the firm's Singapore office and Milbank's Asia Practice.
Primary Focus & Experience
David has been based in Singapore since 1997 and has advised clients on many of the largest and most complex corporate, restructuring, banking and project finance and capital market transactions to have been successfully completed across Asia/ Australasia, including in Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand and The Philippines.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Zemans is consistently ranked in the top tier by Chambers Asia Pacific for Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking & Finance and Restructuring/Insolvency, receiving the “Outstanding Contribution to the Legal Profession Award” at the 2016 Chambers AsiaPacific Awards.
He is also recognized by Legal 500 and IFLR1000 for Projects & Energy/Project Finance, Banking & Finance, Corporate and M&A, Capital Markets and Restructuring.
- selected as Singapore Banking Law Lawyer of the Year by The Best Lawyers in Singapore 2017.
- listed as a leading lawyer for Banking Law, Corporate Law, Investment, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Project Finance and Development Practice in Best Lawyers in Singapore’s ninth edition 2017.
- listed as one of the leading Banking and finance, Capital markets and Project finance, Mergers and acquisitions and Private equity practitioners worldwide in Euromoney's Banking, Finance and Transactional Guide 2017 guide.
- named one of Asia’s leading business lawyers by the Leading Lawyers Survey 2016.
- selected as among the world’s leading energy lawyers by Who’s Who Legal: Energy 2015.
- selected as one of the world leading lawyers in IFLR’s Banking, Finance and Transactional Expert Guide 2014.
- selected as Banking & Project Finance Lawyer of the Year – Singapore in Corporate LiveWire’s Innovation and Excellence awards.
David is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Singapore Management University School of Law.
- Dalhousie University, LL.B., 1991
- McGill University, 1988
- England and Wales
- Ontario, Canada