Dan Perry is a partner in the New York office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Litigation & Arbitration Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Perry represents clients in federal and state court in complex commercial disputes involving securities and corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, insurance and reinsurance, and financial restructuring. Mr. Perry also represents clients in a range of industries facing various regulatory and criminal investigations. He has extensive experience trying cases and also managing disputes out of court and in arbitration. Mr. Perry has been called in to represent large, institutional clients in precedent-setting cases involving complex financial instruments.
Among the notable civil litigation matters that Mr. Perry has handled at Milbank are:
- Represent funds in litigation brought in connection with failed acquisitions, claims against portfolio companies, partnership disputes, and securities cases.
- Represent financial institutions in connection with various complex commercial, securities, and mergers and acquisitions litigation.
- Represent various financial institutions and funds in connection with litigation arising out of RMBS, CMBS, CDOs and other structured products.
- Represent insurers and reinsurers in connection with reinsurance arbitrations involving both property/casualty and life.
- Represent debtor and creditor clients in connection with complex financial restructuring litigation.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Perry has been recognized by Benchmark Litigation as one of the leading lawyers in America for general commercial litigation, securities litigation and white collar crime.
Mr. Perry frequently speaks and writes about complex corporate and securities litigation. Mr. Perry graduated Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1996. He received his law degree cum laude from Cornell Law School in 1999.
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, B.A.
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US Supreme Court