NEW YORK, June 14, 2012 – International law firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP has been recognized by Chambers & Partners (Chambers) in its 2012 USA guide to the nation’s top law firms. Chambers ranks leading law firms and attorneys based on the opinion of their peers and clients, and by the quality of their work. Milbank is consistently recognized by Chambers for its preeminent legal work.
Chambers ranked Milbank #1 in the following practice areas:
- Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – Nationwide
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring –California
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Nationwide
- Projects: Mining & Metals – Nationwide
- Projects: Oil & Gas – Nationwide
- Projects: Power – Nationwide
- Projects: PPP – Nationwide
- Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy – Nationwide
- Transportation: Aviation: Finance – Nationwide
The Firm earned a #2 ranking in the following six practice areas: Banking & Finance – Nationwide; Bankruptcy/Restructuring –New York; Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded –New York; Energy: Electricity (Transactional) – Nationwide; Litigation: Securities –New York; Wealth Management – Nationwide.
Eight of Milbank’s practice areas were ranked #3: Capital Markets: Structured Products –Nationwide; Corporate/M&A –Southern California; Corporate/M&A: Private Equity – California; Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer (Compliance) –Nationwide; Latin American Investment –New York; Leisure & Hospitality – Nationwide; Tax – New York; Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite –New York.
The Firm earned a #4 ranking in the following five practice areas: Banking & Finance –California; Capital Markets: Securitization – Nationwide; Securities: Litigation – Nationwide; Intellectual Property: Patent –New York; Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite –New York.
Of the 52 leading attorneys, 10 received #1 rankings in one or more practice areas. Those attorneys and the practice areas for which they were recognized are:
- Paul S. Aronzon: Bankruptcy/Restructuring –California
- James Benedict: Litigation: Securities –New York
- Peter Benudiz: Leisure & Hospitality– Nationwide
- Linda Dakin-Grimm: Insurance/Reinsurance –California
- Dennis Dunne: Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Nationwide and New York
- Drew S. Fine: Transportation: Aviation: Finance – Nationwide; Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – Nationwide
- Jonathan Green: Projects – Nationwide
- Edward V. Kayukov: Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy – Nationwide
- Allan T. Marks: Projects: PPP – Nationwide
- Helfried Schwarz: Transportation: Aviation: Finance – Nationwide; Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – Nationwide
Eighteen Milbank attorneys earned a #2 ranking; 24 attorneys were ranked #3; and five attorneys were ranked #4, with numerous attorneys ranked in more than one practice area.
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP is a leading international law firm providing innovative legal solutions to clients throughout the world for more than 140 years. Milbank is headquartered in New York and has offices in Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, DC.
The firm’s lawyers provide a full range of legal services to the world’s leading commercial, financial and industrial enterprises, as well as to institutions, individuals and governments. Milbank’s lawyers meet the needs of our clients by offering a highly integrated and collaborative range of services across key practice groups throughout our global network. Milbank’s integrated practice is underpinned by our attorneys’ acknowledged technical excellence, sectoral expertise and a strong tradition of innovation and client service.