Norbert Rieger is a partner in the Munich and Frankfurt offices of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and is one of five members of the firm's Global Executive Committee. He is also one of the three founding partners of the Munich office and has over 20 years experience in corporate transactions (acquisitions, disposals, reorganizations).
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Rieger has a broad practice covering all areas of corporate/M&A and private equity including public M&A and corporate reorganizations ("Umwandlungsrecht"). In addition, he has a strong tax background which enables him to advise on all corporate law and tax aspects of complex corporate reorganizations/M&A activities. Furthermore, he is well-known for his expertise in public takeover and public-to-private transactions.
News:Milbank Earns Top Tier Rank in 19 Areas by Chambers & Partners Global 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Seventeen Partners Earn Highest Ranking in One or More Law SpecialtiesMilbank Advises ProSiebenSat.1 on Sale of TV and Radio Operations in Northern Europe
Link to the German version of the deal notice: Milbank berät ProSiebenSat.1 beim Verkauf der TV und Radio Geschäftsaktivitäten in Nordeuropa
More News about Dr. Norbert Rieger, LL.M.
His recent major transactions include the legal advice to:
- Axel Springer on a strategic partnership with General Atlantic in the online classified business.
- NYSE Euronext on the proposed combination with Deutsche Boerse and related litigation by NYSE shareholders.
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of Primondo Specialty Group (PSG).
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the sale of TV broadcaster N24.
- Axel Springer on the creation of a joint venture with Swiss publishing house Ringier relating to their activities in Eastern Europe.
- MAN SE on the sale of MAN Ferrostaal AG to International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC).
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover of the pan-European TV, radio and print conglomerate SBS Broadcasting Group.
- Cerberus Capital on the intended takeover of Siemens telecommunication unit "Enterprise" (SEN).
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Rieger is recognized as rainmaker in corporate law and M&A by the German directory JUVE Handbuch. Furthermore, he is recommended for tax law and private equity by Legal 500 and IFLR 1000. Chambers Global ranks him for corporate and M&A and tax, additionally, Chambers Europe ranks him for private equity.
Mr. Rieger studied law and economics at the universities of Bayreuth and Augsburg. He was admitted to the German bar in 1989. He holds a doctorate degree of the University of Bayreuth and is a graduate (Master of Laws) of the University of Michigan Law School. He is fluent in German and English.