A senior associate in the London office of Milbank LLP and a member of the firm’s Project, Energy and Infrastructure Finance Group. Suzanne has extensive experience advising project sponsors and lenders in the development, financing and restructuring of significant, cross-border and strategic projects and joint ventures globally across a broad range of energy and infrastructure sectors. Her recent expertise is across the oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, power and renewables sectors. Whilst areas of key focus include financing and distressed debt transactions, Suzanne is proficient in the development of bespoke corporate, joint venture and commercial contracts on transactions in the energy sector. She has also advised on corporate and acquisition financing and restructuring transactions. Secondments earlier in her career were with HSBC’s Power and Renewables, Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa team and OMERS Infrastructure (formerly Borealis Infrastructure) in London.
Primary Focus & Experience
Recent matters on which Suzanne has advised include (among others):
- Athens International Airport S.A. in the structuring and execution of the up to €665,6 million financing of its 20-year concession extension;
- Delek Drilling and Noble Energy on the acquisition of an existing pipeline in Egypt and Israel and key shareholder, gas transportation and other commercial and operational arrangements in connection with the monetization of the Leviathan and Tamar gas fields offshore Israel through domestic gas and potentially LNG export sales;
- Mercuria in its proposed investment in Harbour Energy Ltd, an entity in which EIG Partners is a significant shareholder, and its co-investment with Harbour in an entity that would acquire Santos Limited;
- The State of Alaska as owner and capacity holder in relation to the development and project financing of the US$65 billion Alaska LNG Liquefaction Project, a proposed liquefied natural gas export project consisting of a 806 mile 42” pipeline, treatment plant on the North Slope and liquefaction facility on the Kenai Peninsula;
- Citadel Capital S.A.E., an Egyptian private equity fund, and Egyptian Refining Company (Takrir) S.A.E. in relation to the structuring, development and financing of a US$3.7 billion award-winning hydro-cracker project at Mostorod, Cairo, Egypt;
- The Dow Chemical Company in relation to the joint venture, feedstock, marketing and other core commercial arrangements for the US$20 billion award-winning Sadara Petrochemical Project with Saudi Aramco to build and operate a world-scale, fully integrated chemicals complex in Jubail Industrial City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Nabors Industries Ltd., the largest onshore drill rig contractor in the US, on its onshore rig joint venture with Saudi Aramco to own, manage and operate onshore drilling units in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- EIG on the shareholders’, construction management and operations and maintenance arrangements relating to its participation in Cheniere’s Midship pipeline project;
- The finance parties (including Finnvera) in the US$350 million financing of the Fruta de Norte gold mining project in Ecuador;
- The Sponsors, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., ITOCHU and GDF Suez on the negotiation, development and financing of the Sinop Nuclear Power Project in Turkey; and
- Lenders, including FMO, in connection with the financing of the 82MW Lower Solu run-of-river hydro-power project in Nepal.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Suzanne co-authored “Financing options in the oil and gas industry” for the Practical Law Company: (https://www.milbank.com/images/content/9/7/v2/97930/Financing-options-in-the-oil-and-gas-industry.pdf )
Suzanne is passionate about promoting gender diversity in the profession, being one of the original co-founders in 2014 and current chair of Women in Law London (www.womeninlawlondon.com). In 2017, Suzanne was named a “Rising Star in Law” in the third annual Rising Star Awards hosted by WeAreTheCity. In 2017, Suzanne was interviewed by Who’s Who Legal on Engaging the Next Generation of Women Leaders in Law. Suzanne was also featured speaker at the inaugural Thomson Reuters Transforming Women’s Leadership in the Law (“TWLL”) Conference and the London Women in Law Summit in 2018 and is a member of the TWLL Advisory Board.
Suzanne sits on the Board of Trustees for Aurora Orchestra.
- BPP University Law School, G.D.L.
- BPP University Law School, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, M.A.
- England and Wales