Roland Hlawaty is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm’s Corporate and Latin America Practice Groups. He joined the firm in 1990 and has been a partner since 1998.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Hlawaty’s practice centers on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other significant corporate transactions. His clients include private equity firms and public and private corporations. He has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, equity investments, hostile contests for corporate control, joint ventures and corporate restructurings. Mr. Hlawaty’s practice also includes advising companies with respect to corporate governance, takeover defenses and other general corporate advice.
His recent representations include:
- the acquisition of a public energy supply company
- numerous private company acquisitions for a private equity sponsor
- the acquisition of a private US-based food service company by a Brazilian entity
- several third-party equity investments in a private equity fund's portfolio company
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Georgetown University, B.S.F., 1987
- New York