Peter Nussbaum is a member of the firm’s Corporate Group and one of the three founding partners of the Munich office. Peter focuses on mergers & acquisitions and equity capital markets, he is particularly experienced in working on private equity transactions. In these areas, he is also regularly representing clients in litigation and arbitration matters.
Selected Project Samples
- Advent International on USD 3.25 Billion acquisition of Distributed Power Business from GE.
- L-GAM on the sale of FAIST ChemTec Group to Sika AG, Switzerland.
- Partners Group on its co-investment in the takeover of publicly listed STADA Arzneimittel AG by a consortium led by Bain Capital and Cinven.
- PAI Partners and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking on the sale of Xella Group to Lone Star.
- C+S Botschen and Acton Capital Partners on the sale of mytheresa.com as well as Theresa Warenvertrieb to Neiman Marcus Group.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking, partnering with Koch Equity Development in this transaction, on the acquisition of Flint Group from CVC Capital Partners.
- Qatar Solar, a member of Qatar Foundation, on the restructuring of SolarWorld AG and the acquisition of 29% of SolarWorld shares.
- RHJ International on the acquisition of BHF-Bank from Deutsche Bank.
- Apax on the friendly takeover of D+S Europe.
- Several PIPEs including the first such transaction in Germany (General Atlantic Partners in IXOS Software).
Additionally, he advised on the IPOs of Sauer, United Internet, ricardo.de, Netlife, Jobs&Adverts and AerCap as well as numerous share-for-share transactions (paper deals) in, inter alia, Tiscali, ADVA, United Internet, travel24.com and Greenfield Online.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Current rankings in directories such as JUVE, Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR, Best Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal recognize Peter Nussbaum as one of the leading lawyers for private equity and M&A deals.
Peter Nussbaum has studied law and economic geography at the University of Munich (Dr. jur.), European Community matters at C.I.F.E., Munich/Nice, and holds a post-graduate degree from New York University School of Law (M.C.J.). He is co-author of “Rechtshandbuch Private Equity”, C.H. Beck, Munich. Peter was admitted to the New York bar in 1991 and to the German bar in 1993. Before returning to his native city Munich in 2000, he had been practicing law in New York, Brussels, Moscow and Hamburg. He speaks German, English and French.
- University of Munich, Dr.
- Bavaria, Second State Exam
- New York University, M.C.J.
- University of Munich, First State Exam
- New York