As a partner in the firm’s Financial Restructuring Group in London, Jacquie’s practice focuses on debt restructuring and special situations financing. She uses her restructuring background to analyze lending structures with an eye to downside protection, developing structures that focus on preserving the ability of creditors to act quickly and access the core value within the borrower group. She advises a diverse range of clients including distressed investors, banks, corporates and creditor and noteholder committees on a range of transaction structures across various industries and geographies.
Primary Focus & Experience
Jacquie has extensive experience of acting on complex cross-border restructurings, involving a wide range of insolvency and reorganisation processes, in the UK, the US and Europe.
Select representative engagements include:
- Acting for the lead creditor in the restructuring of the German automotive business ATU;
- Acting for lenders in various cross-border direct lending transactions, including for groups in based in Germany, Luxembourg, Finland, Switzerland and Portugal;
- Acting for a fund ad hoc committee on the ongoing restructuring of Marme Inversiones, the Santander HQ propco through a Spanish law liquidation process;
- Acting for the lead investors on the acquisition of the French steel manufacturer Ascometal from its liquidators;
- Acting for the lead investor on the debt restructuring of Endeka Ceramics SAU through a scheme of arrangement;
- Acting for dissenting creditors in the Scheme of Arrangement of Guardian Digital Communications Limited;
- Acting for lender committees in the restructurings of hibu plc (formerly Yell) and Truvo (formerly World Directories);
- Representing Oaktree Capital in relation to the restructurings of Klockner Pentaplast, Panrico, Countrywide Plc and Gulmar Marine; and
- Advising distressed investors on a number of other confidential investments.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Jacquie graduated from Nottingham University with a first class BA and studied for the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School.
She has worked on secondment in Tokyo and Amsterdam, as well as at a leading CLO fund.
- Nottingham Law School, LL.B.
- University of Nottingham, B.A.
- England and Wales