As a partner in the firm’s European Financial Restructuring Group, Jacquie’s practice focuses on debt restructuring and special situations financing. Jacquie uses her restructuring background to analyze lending structures with an eye to downside protection, developing structures that focus on preserving the ability of creditors to act quickly and access the core value within the borrower group. She advises a diverse range of clients including distressed investors, creditor and noteholder committees, banks and corporates on a range of transaction structures across various industries and geographies with extensive experience of acting on complex cross-border restructurings, involving a wide range of insolvency and reorganisation processes, in the UK, the US and Europe.
Primary Focus & Experience
Select representative engagements include:
- Acting for lender and bondholder committees in the restructurings of intu Debenture plc, Codere, Thomas Cook, Skillsoft, Marme Inversiones, Consolidated Minerals, Ukrzaliznytsia, Guardian Digital Communications, Red Bee Media, hibu and Truvo;
- Acting for the debtor on the highly complex restructuring of the General Healthcare Group, a multi-billion pound propco/CMBS structure, and German automotive business ATU;
- Representing distressed investors in connection with the loan-to-own restructurings of Britax, ATU, Ascometal, Endeka Ceramics, Klockner Pentaplast, Panrico, Countrywide and Gulmar Marine;
- Acting for lenders in various cross-border direct lending transactions, including for groups in based in the UK and across Europe;
- Advising distressed investors on a number of other confidential investments.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Jacquie graduated from Nottingham University with a first class BA and studied for the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School. She is admitted to the roll of Solicitors of England and Wales.
Jacquie is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers Association technical committee and is recognized as a “Rising Star” by IFLR 1000.
- Nottingham Law School, LL.B.
- University of Nottingham, B.A.
- England and Wales