Errol Taylor is a partner in the New York office of Milbank LLP and leads the firm’s biopharma patent litigation practice. Mr. Taylor has been a partner since 2003. Mr. Taylor focuses mainly on representing research pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in patent litigation and related counseling. Mr. Taylor has served as an advisor on IP litigation and development strategy for pharmaceutical companies of all sizes. He has particular expertise in IP matters involving FDA regulatory approvals of new drugs, including Hatch-Waxman Act cases. Mr. Taylor has been lead trial counsel in numerous multi-party, multinational cases involving some of the world’s most prescribed medicines.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Taylor has given lectures in the areas of pharmaceutical litigation, strategy and advice, IP damages and injunctions to various legal professional associations, including The American Bar Association; American Intellectual Property Law Association; Federal Circuit Bar Association; Pharmaceutical Research Manufacturers Association; National Bar Association; New York Intellectual Property Law Association; and The Association of the Bar for the City of New York.
His litigations include:
- lead counsel in seven-month multiparty trial and appeals involving the world’s largest selling drug
- lead counsel for biotechnology company in litigation involving human papillomavirus tests
- lead counsel in litigation involving formulations for administration of antidepressant
- lead counsel in trial and appeals regarding treatment for impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes
- counsel for chemical company in litigation regarding polyester fiber technology
- counsel for biotechnology company in ITC litigation regarding cancer treatment
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mr. Taylor has been recognized as one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical attorneys by numerous publications and journals, among them: Chambers USA, Managing IP, LMG Life Sciences, IAM Magazine, Benchmark Litigation, PLC Which Lawyers?, and Super Lawyers, which selected him as one of the 250 top patent litigators in the world and in the first tier of New York lawyers. Lawdragon has named Mr. Taylor in its 2018 guide of the 500 Leading Lawyers in America. In 2003, he was selected by The National Law Journal as one of the nation's top trial lawyers.
Mr. Taylor received an honorary PhD degree from the State University of New York at Oswego in 2006, and was President of the Board of Trustees of the Chapin School in Princeton, NJ.
- New York Law School, J.D.
- State University of New York at Oswego, B.A. , Biology
- New York
- US Supreme Court
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US Patent and Trademark Office