Eric K. Stodola is a partner in the New York office of Milbank and a member of the firm's Financial Restructuring Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mr. Stodola advises debtors and creditors in complex chapter 11 cases, out-of-court workouts and other distressed situations in the US, as well as in international corporate restructurings. He has substantial experience representing, in particular, bondholders, lenders and agents, official and unofficial creditor committees, asset purchasers and other strategic parties. His engagements have ranged across a wide array of industries, including the airline, banking, chemicals, energy and natural resources, and consumer goods and retail industries.
Mr. Stodola’s work has included representations in the following notable bankruptcy cases, among others:
- American Airlines (counsel to ad hoc committee of unsecured creditors in chapter 11 cases of airline, involving the largest airline merger in history)
- Lehman Brothers (counsel to ad hoc committee of creditors in chapter 11 cases of investment bank and the related liquidation proceeding of its US broker-dealer under the Securities Investor Protection Act)
- Momentive Performance Materials (counsel to an ad hoc committee of second lien noteholders in chapter 11 cases of producer of silicones and manufacturer of products derived from quartz and specialty ceramics)
- Alpha Natural Resources (counsel to official committee of unsecured creditors in chapter 11 cases of coal producer)
Recognition & Accomplishments
From September 2007 through August 2008, Mr. Stodola served as law clerk to the Honorable Brendan Linehan Shannon of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- Princeton University, A.B.
- New York
- US District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Honorable Brendan Linehan Shannon, US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware (September 2007 - August 2008)