Dimos Papanikolaou is an associate in Milbank’s Capital Markets group.
Dimos’s practice focuses on capital markets and finance transactions, including high yield debt and equity offerings. His clients have included WIND Hellas, Pangea Properties, Intralot, Kaefer, Piraeus Bank. He has also represented initial purchasers and underwriters, such as Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Citi and Credit Suisse in various offerings. Before joining Milbank, Dimos practiced in the London and Hong Kong offices of a major US and Magic Circle law firm, respectively.
Dimos’s notable capital market transactions include advising:
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €225 million Senior Secured Floating Rate Notes due 2026 by Fabric (BC) S.p.A.
- WIND Hellas in connection with the high yield bond offering of €525 million 4.250% senior secured notes due 2024.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of $505 million 7.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 by F-Brasile S.p.A. and F-Brasile US, LLC .
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of $900 million 7.125% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 by GEMS MENASA (CAYMAN) LIMITED and GEMS Education (Delaware) LLC.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €275 million 5.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 by Kongsberg Actuation Systems B.V.
- KAEFER Isoliertechnik GmbH & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft (“KAEFER”) in connection with the high yield bond offering of € 250 million of senior secured notes.
- UBS and CLSA in connection with the issuance by Lodha of US$125 million Senior Notes *
- The underwriters in connection with the issuance by Abja Investment Co., a subsidiary of Tata Steel, of US$1.3 billion Senior Notes.*
- The National Highways Authority of India in the establishment of its INR 250 billion Medium Term Note Programme.*
- BNP Paribas and Credit Suisse in connection with the issuance by PT Sulfindo of its Senior Notes.*
- The Joint Bookrunners in connection with the issuance by PT Pelabuhan Indonesia III of its Senior Notes.*
- Goldman Sachs International as a placement agent on the issue of €70 million Senior Secured Notes due 2023 issued by N&W Global Vending S. p. A.*
- Anchorage Capital Group, LLC, CVC Capital Partners and Credit Value Partners, LLC with respect to the acquisition of €75 million Senior Secured PIK notes due 2018 issued by Ideal Standard International S.A.*
- Guggenheim Securities, LLC and Oddo & Cie as Joint Bookrunners in the share capital increase of 5,434,783 new ordinary shares of Onxeo S.A.*
- Goldman Sachs International and other initial purchasers on the issue of €300 million Senior Secured Notes due 2023, and the placement agents on the issue of €100 million Second Lien Notes due 2023, in each case issued by N&W Global Vending. S.p.A., a portfolio company of Lone Star Funds, to finance Lone Star Funds’ acquisition of N&W Global Vending S.p.A.*
- IHS Netherlands Holdco B.V. on its issue of €800 million Senior Notes due 2021. The issuer is a leading operator of telecommunications towers in Nigeria. The offering was made in conjunction with a tender offer for existing notes issued by a subsidiary of the issuer (MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa Corporate Deal of the year 2016 by Global Capital)*
- Helios Towers Netherlands B.V. in its consent solicitation with respect to its US$250 million Senior Notes due 2019.*
- Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic in the acquisition of a 49% stake in Network International from Abraaj Group.*
- Cables and Wireless Plc, a telecommunications services provider, in an offering of $750 million 6.875% Senior Notes due 2022 by its finance subsidiary, Sable International Finance Limited*
- Citigroup Global Markets Limited on Glasstank B.V.’s €185 million high yield bond offering*
- Piraeus Bank S.A. on its offering of new shares of €1.75 billion.*
- Jefferies International Limited and Jefferies LLC, with respect to the offering by Emma Delta Finance plc of its €250 million 8.50% First-Lien Senior Secured Notes due 2017 and €150 million 12.00% Second-Lien Senior Secured Notes due 2017. The proceeds of the offering were used to fund the acquisition of a controlling stake in OPAP S.A. (IFLR Europe High Yield Deal of the Year 2013).*
- Piraeus Bank S.A. on its €8.4 billion recapitalisation* (Finance Team of the Year by The Lawyer magazine 2014).*
- Eurobank Ergasias S.A., on its share capital increase of €2.86 billion.*
- Barclays Bank PLC, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, Merrill Lynch International, Citigroup Global Markets Limited and ABN AMRO Bank N.V. on InterXion Holding N.V.’s offering of €325 million of its 6.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2020.*
- Barclays Bank PLC, Rabobank International, HSBC Bank plc, Merrill Lynch International, Mizuho International plc and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc on Bakkavor Finance (2) plc’s £150 million offering of its 8.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2020.*
- Frigoglass S.A.I.C. in an offering of €250 million 8.25% Senior Notes due 2018 by its wholly owned subsidiary, Frigoglass Finance B.V.*
- ENCE Energia y Celulosa, S.A. in an offering of €250 million Senior Secured Notes due 2020.*
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Barclays Bank PLC as initial purchasers in an offering of €245 million Senior Secured Notes due 2019 by Ciech Group Financing AB (publ).*
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays and other initial purchasers on Albéa Beauty Holding S.A.’s €200 million offering of 8.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2019 and $385 million offering of 8.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2019.*
- Citigroup, Jefferies and BNP Paribas on First Quantum Minerals Ltd.’s $350 million high yield bond offering.*
- The underwriters (led by RBS Securities Inc.) in connection with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc’s global offering of $2.0 billion of 2.55% Senior Notes due 2015.*
- The underwriters in connection with Petroleum Geo-Services ASA’s $300 million offering of 7.375% Senior Notes due 2018.*
Recognition & Accomplishments
Dimos was a part of “Finance Team of the Year” awarded by The Lawyer Awards for his contribution on the €8.4 billion recapitalization of Piraeus Bank. Dimos was also member of the team that advised on IFLR Europe’s “High Yield Deal of the Year” on the high yield bond offering of Emma Delta Finance and part of the team that advised on the MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa Corporate Deal of the year 2016 by Global Capital on the high yield bond offering of IHS Netherlands Holdco B.V.
All deals marked * were completed at prior firms.
- Columbia Law School, LL.M.
- Downing College, Cambridge, LL.M.
- Pantheon-Sorbonne University, D.E.A in Business Law
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, LL.B.
- New York
- England and Wales