Cosmos Fung is an associate in the London office of Milbank LLP and a member of the firm’s Tax Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Cosmos’ practice includes advisory and transactional work on a full range of tax issues, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, finance and capital markets transactions.
Select highlights of his transactions include the representation of:
- Avianca, the second-largest airline group in Latin America, on its chapter 11 reorganization.
- PeopleCert International Limited on the M&A and debt financing aspects of its acquisition of AXELOS, a UK joint venture practice methodologies company.
- PeopleCert International Limited on a minority investment in PeopleCert by FTV Capital.
- Summit Partners on its investment in Odoo S.A., a provider of open source business software.
- National Bank of Greece on the disposal of a Cypriot Credit Acquiring Company, which owns a portfolio of non-performing loans.
- SVP Global and EnTrust Global on the acquisition of DVB Bank’s aviation investment and asset management business.
- Underwriters and take-and-hold investors on the €1.32B senior credit facilities with ESG-linked pricing in relation to The Carlyle Group’s acquisition of Flender GmbH, a market leader in mechanical drive technology.
- Initial purchasers on the €1.28 billion debut bond offering by Società Finanziaria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A. in connection with its public-to-private takeover bid for Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A, a global industrial company.