Andrew Bechtel is a senior associate in the London office of Milbank and a member of the European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets Group. Andrew also frequently acts on matters with the Financial Restructuring Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Andrew has extensive experience acting for leading private equity sponsors, corporates and financial institutions on a host of market leading and/or innovative acquisition financings, creditor and debtor restructurings, special situations and distressed investments, high yield bond transactions, real estate financings and project financings.
Andrew has advised on some of the most high profile and complex cross border transactions recently seen in the market, including:
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers in connection with Bain Capital’s acquisition of Italmach Chemicals
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers in connection with the refinancing of AIM Listed Victoria PLC
- Advent International in relation to its acquisition financing of the Corialis Group*
- Advent International in relation to its refinancing of the Oberthur Group and its acquisition financing of the Morpho Group*
- Advent International, Bain Capital and Clessidra in relation to the high yield financing of the ICBPI Group and its subsequent refinancing*
- Brookfield Business Partners on its investment in Teekay Offshore*
- Brookfield Property Partners on its acquisition of GL Europe RE Holdings Sarl*
- Bain Capital Credit (formerly Sankaty Advisors) in connection with its purchase of JP Morgan’s Global Special Opportunities Group*
- Blackstone in relation to certain confidential acquisitions*
- Capvest Private equity in a number of financing transactions, including the refinancing of the Valeo Foods Group*
- HIG/General Atlantic in relation to the refinancing of the FNZ Group*
- KKR in relation to its refinancing of Selecta Group*
- TDR Capital in relation to its high yield bond / ABL refinancing of portfolio entity, Algeco Scotsman Group*
- Wyndham Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: WYN) on the financing aspects of its disposal of its European vacation rental business to Platinum Equity*
All deals marked * were completed at prior firms.
- University of Queensland, Bachelor of Commerce
- Bond University
- *Not Yet Admitted in England & Wales