Alexandra Grant is a partner in the firm's European Leveraged Finance/Capital Markets Group and also a member of the Financial Restructuring Group.
Primary Focus & Experience
Alexandra has extensive experience of advising both lenders and sponsors/borrowers on a wide range of complex and cross-border leveraged acquisition, public to private, and infrastructure financings and restructurings, across the full spectrum of products (including bank/bond, covenant-lite, second lien, mezzanine, private high yield and holdco PIK).
She has advised on some of the largest and most significant transactions in the European market, with recent experience including:
- Advising Carlyle as sponsor on the €525 million financing for hospital operator AMEOS Gruppe, used to refinance AMEOS Gruppe’s existing senior debt and for a dividend recapitalisation.
- Advising lenders and agents in the provision of a £425 million term facility, £50 million term acquisition facility, and £60 million super senior revolving credit facility for Bridgepoint Capital’s acquisition of the Zenith Group and the add-on acquisition of the Contract Vehicles group.
- Advising lenders on their privately placed second lien financing for KKR’s acquisition of Exact Software.
- Advising lenders on the €270m refinancing for Colosseum Dental Group (a Jacobs’ portfolio company).
- Advising revolving credit facility banks and credit funds on the financing for Bain’s acquisition of Bugaboo.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers on the €500m bridge and revolving facility financing for Victoria PLC.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers on (i) €555m bridge to bond and revolving facility financing for Bain’s acquisition of Fedrigoni, and (ii) €500M bridge to bond and revolving facility financing for Bain’s acquisition of Italmach Chemicals.
- Advising PIK lenders on the EUR 330m PIK facility provided alongside the EUR 1,625m senior facilities for Lonestar’s acquisition of BASF.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers on the €1.2bn financing for Carlyle’s bid for Zentiva.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers on the €7bn financing for Carlyle’s acquisition of Akzo Nobel.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers to a consortium comprising Borealis Infrastructure Management, Första AP-Fonden, Tredje AP-Fonden and Folksam on a financing package for the €6.6 billion acquisition of Fortum Distribution AB.
- Advising mandated lead arrangers to a consortium formed by Deutsche Alternative Asset Management and comprising Pan-European Infrastructure II, Poste Vita S.p.A. and the ATP Group, in respect of the €327 million financing to support its bid to acquire Grandi Stazioni Retail S.p.A.
- Advising Porterbrook Rail Finance, one of the three major ROSCOs (Rolling Stock Operating Companies) in the UK, in relation to multiple refinancings (and the original £1.6 billion acquisition financing).
- Advising creditors in relation to the restructurings of Ideal Standard.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Alexandra has been recognized as “Up and Coming” in Chambers UK 2020 in Banking & Finance and as a “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 UK 2021. According to one client, Alexandra Grant "is very good at defending her client's position and arguing towards logical conclusions." In addition, in 2014 Alex completed a 7 month secondment to Goldman Sachs’ Leveraged Finance Capital Markets team in London.
- BPP University Law School, L.P.C.
- BPP University Law School, G.D.L.
- University of Oxford, B.A., 2003
- England and Wales