Milbank has a longstanding commitment to diversity and holds the distinction of being one of the first major law firms to establish a Diversity Committee. Reflecting our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace filled with the best legal talent, we offer a 2L Diversity Scholarship Program across our US offices.
In addition to a paid 2L summer associate position, recipients of the Milbank Diversity Scholarship will receive a $25,000 scholarship to be distributed in two parts: $15,000 awarded upon joining the summer program and $10,000 awarded upon joining the firm as a full-time associate following graduation from law school.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- US citizen or authorized to work in the US
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in the legal profession, including, law students who are members of racial and/or ethnic minority groups, are differently abled, or are from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds
- Enrollment at an ABA-accredited law school with an expected graduation date of spring 2023
- Outstanding academic achievement, leadership ability, and excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Active involvement in the community
The Milbank Summer Experience
2L Diversity Scholars will be summer associates in one of our New York, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC offices. As a summer associate, you’ll receive specialized and comprehensive training opportunities and build your professional network with Milbank attorneys and fellow summer associates. To learn more about our summer program, click here.
The application for our 2022 2L Diversity Scholarship will be open from June 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021. In the application, please provide your resume, undergraduate and law school transcripts, and a personal statement. Please choose one of the following options and compose a personal statement (500-750 words) that:
- Expands on an aspect of your identity and explains how it has shaped your life experiences thus far; or
- Describes an experience that exemplifies what you would bring to the diversity in a community of legal professionals; or
- Illustrates an encounter that demonstrated the importance of diversity to you.
Click here to apply.
If you have questions about the program or application process, please contact:
Director of Legal Recruiting
55 Hudson Yards
New York, NY 10001-2163