LOS ANGELES, July 09, 2008 – Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP has been named as one of the Daily Journal’s Top Southern California Law Firms. Lauded for its strong portfolio of corporate work in the areas of gaming, media, technology and energy, Milbank’s 75-lawyer Los Angeles office continued to deliver on its reputation as a top corporate shop, according to the legal publication. Specifically recognized for their efforts were Los Angeles partners Ken Baronsky and Ed Feo.
The journal noted several ground-breaking transactions in 2007, including:
- Representing Fertitta Colony Partners in its $8.8 billion, management-led buyout of gaming company Station Casinos.
- Representing Tropicana Entertainment in its $2.1 billion buyout of Aztar Corp.
- Assisting Alinda Investments in its $710 million purchase of Kinder Morgan Inc.’s U.S. retail natural gas division.
- Representing Babcock & Brown Wind Partners in acquiring interest in three wind projects in a deal worth more than $300 million.
- Representing Clearlake Capital Partners in its $125 million financing for GoAmerica Inc., provider of communications for the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
Milbank's Los Angeles office delivers a full range of sophisticated legal services. Many of the lawyers in the Los Angeles office have national and international reputations as leading practitioners in their fields, blending considerable expertise and global experience with strong ties to the local business community and intimate knowledge of the specialized markets in California and the West.
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP is a pre-eminent global law firm that for more than 140 years has provided innovative legal solutions in many of the world’s largest, most complex, “first-ever” corporate transactions and litigation. Our transactional expertise includes capital markets, corporate finance, project finance, acquisition finance and other major fields of law practice. Milbank litigation teams resolve disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, proxy battles, financings and securities offerings, intellectual property, white collar crime, and corporate restructurings, among others. Our clients range from prominent multinational financial, industrial and commercial enterprises to governments, institutions and individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices in Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, DC.