NEW YORK, June 13, 2008 – International law firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP received accolades from Chambers and Partners (Chambers) in its 2008 USA guide to the nation’s top lawyers, released today. Through in-depth, unbiased research, Chambers ranks the leading law firms and attorneys around the world based on the opinion of their peers and by the quality of their work. Chambers consistently recognizes Milbank as a leading law firm for its top lawyers and premier legal practices.
Chambers ranked Milbank as #1 in the following practice areas:
- Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York
- Energy: Renewables & Alternative Energy – Nationwide
- Outsourcing – National
- Projects – National, New York
- Projects & Energy: Transactional – California
- Technology & IT Outsourcing – New York
- Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Finance – Washington, DC
- Transportation: Aviation: Finance – Nationwide
- Transportation: Road (Infrastructure) – Nationwide
The firm earned a “Number 2” ranking in the following nine practice areas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring – California, Nationwide, New York; Capital Markets: Structured Products – Nationwide; Corporate/M&A: Private Equity – California; Energy & Natural Resources – New York; Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer Regulation – Nationwide; Latin American Investment – New York; and Wealth Management – Nationwide.
Eleven of Milbank’s practice areas were ranked number three: Banking & Finance – California, Nationwide; Banking & Finance: Acquisition Finance – New York; Banking & Finance: General Bank Lending – New York; Corporate/M&A: Southern California – California; Energy: Electricity – Nationwide; Financial Services Regulation: Banking (Regulatory Enforcement & Investigations) – Nationwide; Leisure & Hospitality – Nationwide; Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite – New York; Litigation: Securities – New York; and Projects – Washington, DC. Milbank earned a number four ranking in three areas: Energy: Oil & Gas – Nationwide; Intellectual Property: Patent – New York; and Tax – New York.
Of the 52 attorneys named as leaders in their fields, 13 were awarded Chambers’ highest ranking. Those attorneys and the practice areas for which they were recognized are:
- Edwin F. Feo – Projects - National; Projects & Energy : Transactional - California; and Transportation: Road (Infrastructure) - National
- Drew S. Fine – Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance - National
- Elliot Gewirtz – Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York and Transportation: Aviation: Finance - National
- P. Peter Benudiz – Leisure & Hospitality - National
- Jonathan G. Blattmachr – Wealth Management: Eastern Region - National
- Linda Dakin-Grimm – Insurance: Reinsurance - California
- M. Douglas Dunn – Energy: Transactional – New York
- Dennis F. Dunne – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – New York
- Michael L. Fitzgerald – Latin American Investment – New York
- Glenn S. Gerstell – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Finance – District of Columbia
- Allan T. Marks – Transportation: Road (Infrastructure) - National
- Peter D. Nesgos – Technology: Space & Satellite – New York
- Helfried J. Schwarz – Transportation: Aviation: Finance - National
Twenty-three Milbank attorneys earned a “Number 2” ranking in one or more practice areas; 15 attorneys were ranked “Number 3”; and 15 attorneys ranked “Number 4.” Numerous Milbank attorneys were ranked in more than one practice area and four attorneys were ranked as “Up and Comers.”
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP is a preeminent global law firm that for more than 140 years has provided innovative legal solutions in many of the world’s largest, most complex, “first-ever” corporate transactions and litigation. Our transactional expertise includes capital markets, corporate finance, project finance, acquisition finance and other major fields of law practice. Milbank litigation teams resolve disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, proxy battles, financings and securities offerings, intellectual property, white collar crime, and corporate restructurings, among others. Our clients range from prominent multinational financial, industrial and commercial enterprises to governments, institutions and individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices in Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, DC.