NEW YORK, June 12, 2009 – International law firm Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP received accolades from Chambers and Partners in its 2009 USA guide to the nation’s top lawyers, released today. Through in-depth, unbiased research, Chambers ranks the leading law firms and attorneys around the world based on the opinion of their peers and clients and by the quality of their work. Chambers consistently recognizes Milbank as a leading law firm for its top lawyers and premier legal practices.
Chambers ranked Milbank #1 in the following practice areas:
- Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing
- Energy: Renewables & Alternative Energy
- Projects: Mining & Metals
- Projects: Oil & Gas
- Projects: Power
- Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy
- Technology & IT Outsourcing
- Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Finance
- Transportation: Aviation: Finance
The firm earned a #2 ranking in the following six practice areas: Bankruptcy/Restructuring – New York; Corporate/M&A: Private Equity – California; Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer Regulation – National; Latin American Investment – New York; Projects: Infrastructure – National; Wealth Management – National.
Nine of Milbank’s practice areas were ranked #3: Banking & Finance – National, New York; Capital Markets: Structured Products – National; Corporate/M&A: Highly Regarded – New York; Corporate/M&A: Southern California – California; Energy & Natural Resources – New York; Leisure & Hospitality – National; Litigation: Securities – New York; Tax – New York.
The firm earned a #4 ranking in the following five practice areas: Banking & Finance – California; Capital Markets: Securitization – National; Energy: Electricity – National; Intellectual Property: Patent – New York; Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite – New York.
Of the 55 attorneys named as leaders in their fields, eleven received #1 rankings in one or more practice areas. Partner Edwin Feo also received Chambers' "star" ranking, the publication's highest individual ranking. Those attorneys and the practice areas for which they were recognized are:
- P. Peter Benudiz – Leisure & Hospitality – National
- Richard S. Brach – Projects – National
- Linda Dakin–Grimm – Insurance: Reinsurance – California
- Dennis F. Dunne – Bankruptcy/Restructuring – New York
- Edwin Feo – Projects – National
- Drew S. Fine – Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance – National
- Robert M. Finkel – Outsourcing – National; and Technology & IT Outsourcing – New York
- Michael L. Fitzgerald – Latin American Investment – New York
- Glenn S. Gerstell – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite: Finance – District of Columbia
- Elliot Gewirtz – Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance – National
- Peter Nesgos – Technology: Space & Satellite – New York
- Helfried Schwarz– Banking & Finance: Equipment Finance & Leasing – New York; and Transportation: Aviation: Finance – National
Thirteen Milbank attorneys earned a #2 ranking in one or more practice areas; 21 attorneys were ranked #3; and 13 attorneys ranked #4. Numerous Milbank attorneys were ranked in more than one practice area and three attorneys were ranked as “Up and Coming.”
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP is a preeminent global law firm that for more than 140 years has provided innovative legal solutions in many of the world’s largest, most complex, “first–ever” corporate transactions and litigation. Our transactional expertise includes capital markets, corporate finance, project finance, acquisition finance and other major fields of law practice. Milbank litigation teams resolve disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, proxy battles, financings and securities offerings, intellectual property, white collar crime, and corporate restructurings, among others. Our clients range from prominent multinational financial, industrial and commercial enterprises to governments, institutions and individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices in Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, DC.