Ulrike Friese is a partner in the Munich office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a member of the firm’s Corporate Group and part of the team founding this office in 2004.
Primary Focus & Experience
Mrs. Friese has significant experience in corporate law and public M&A transactions including corporate reorganizations and takeovers. She advises numerous listed companies and financial sponsors on all aspects of corporate law and takeover law. She also advises clients in the context of minority shareholder actions and appraisal proceedings following corporate reorganizations.
News:Milbank Advises New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on Merger with DeutscheBoerse
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Link to the German version of this press release: Milbank berät New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) beim Zusammenschluss mit der Deutschen Börse
Her recent major transactions include providing legal advice to/on:
- Amerigon on the friendly takeover of publicly listed W.E.T. Automotive Systems AG.
- NYSE Euronext on the combination with Deutsche Boerse.
- Apax Partners and RHI on appraisal proceedings following squeeze-outs of minority shareholders.
- The supervisory board of Hypo Real Estate Holding in the context of possible breaches of duty by members of the management board.
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the takeover of ProSiebenSat.1 by KKR/Permira and on the intended takeover of ProSiebenSat.1 by the German publishing house Axel Springer.
- Various “take privates” including Didier-Werke for RHI, Edscha for The Carlyle Group, Stinnes for Deutsche Bahn and Salamander for Energie Baden-Württemberg.
- Mayfair, the investment fund of the Herz family, on the PIPE transaction regarding PUMA AG.
- The supervisory board of BERU AG in the context of the takeover by BorgWarner.
Corporate law to the boards of ProSiebenSat.1, Sixt and Axel Springer.
Recognition & Accomplishments
Mrs. Friese is recommended for corporate law and corporate litigation by the German directory JUVE Handbuch and also listed as an upcoming lawyer in corporate law.
Mrs. Friese was admitted to the German bar in 2000. She speaks German and English.